There's a new troller on the loose

Old December 22nd 03, 10:19 AM
Doogie Hoosier

Default There's a new troller on the loose

I could use a new troller to tronsport my new toloscope.
Old December 22nd 03, 04:48 PM
Carsten A. Arnholm

Michael A. Covington wrote:
"Linus Das" wrote in message
om...
Check out Greg Dortmond on uk.sci.astronomy. Is he on quite a
fishing expedition.

Only one troll on uk.sci.astronomy? Last time I was there I
encountered so many I thought I was in Norway!

You were wrong. Norway is here )

--
Carsten A. Arnholm
http://home.online.no/~arnholm/astro/astro.htm

Old December 22nd 03, 08:37 PM
Magellan

"Shawn Grant" wrote:

I don't know Shawn, I'm kinda dissappointed you haven't jumped
on Alan Craft in his Refund or Exchange post,

I didn't see his post. I guess the subject didn't catch my interest.

You didn't miss much. It was just a few way over-serious nerds
yapping about killfiling and superficial dichotomys and stuff.

Old December 22nd 03, 10:14 PM
Chris.B

"Shawn Grant" wrote in message ...
I am thinking about trolling other user groups is that one a good one to
troll on?

With your appalling grammar, punctuation, spelling and immaturity of
imagination you'd be hung out to dry Shawn. Try reading through your
atrociously mangled English above for a perfect example. We do rather
like our trolls to be basically literate before we even begin to
cooperate in the mind game.
You might well learn something of the black art from studying Greg
Dortmond at play. What a broadside! He's giving us lots of fun. A real
opportunity to practice self-expression. It so stretches the mind to
be confronted with the unlikely in an otherwise familiar situation.
Don't you think? Perhaps not.
If you are seriously intending to troll over there then you'd really
need to go back to school first. Now that's not such a bad idea! ;-)

Merry Christmas?

Grinch *;^}#

Old December 23rd 03, 06:08 PM
Catherine Middleton

"Chris.B" wrote:

You might well learn something of the black art from studying Greg
Dortmond at play. What a broadside! He's giving us lots of fun. A real
opportunity to practice self-expression. It so stretches the mind to
be confronted with the unlikely in an otherwise familiar situation.
Don't you think? Perhaps not.
If you are seriously intending to troll over there then you'd really
need to go back to school first. Now that's not such a bad idea! ;-)

Hmmmm. The key to pulling off a successful troll on uk.sci.astronomy
is to be sutble. Greg Dortmond had little patience, and made too many
inflammatory remarks that revealed himself to be the troller he is - his
glory was very shortlived as a consequence.

I trolled uk.sci.astronomy back in the summer of 2000 (see the archive
for classics such as "Write to the BBC and demand more Mars!" etc.)
Such threads reeled in many posters, with no hint of being rumbled.

Why did I do it? Primarily I wanted to exact revenge on the group, as I
received the impression early on that many disliked having a female
intrude into their virtual treehouse. Of course the same can be said
for any newsgroup; uk.sci.astronomy was not unusual in that sense.
I have subsequently used various male names in order to both
contribute answers as well as ask questions. I found the reception
to be much more amenable that way.

Best,

--
Catherine . + . . + . . . . . + .

Old December 24th 03, 12:23 AM
Michael A. Covington

If it's subtle, it's by definition not a troll.