"Remarkably They Came" A poem about "the Burper" by Kenny Rose Butts

Old April 20th 05, 05:24 AM
Mitch

Default "Remarkably They Came" A poem about "the Burper" by Kenny Rose Butts

Remarkably They Came

From far far away there came a wave

more precise to say five waves
remarkably the same
in time frame

They came from the center of our galaxy
from a "space object"
subjected to our space logic
digested for over two years by our scientists
then regurgitated to us
as an after burp
nicknaming
this mysterious source, not as a main course
but
"burper"

From a magnetar...not a mega......star

with a megaphone
a coming home, a cavalry charge
crossing the cosmos
a calvalry call to our skull

a pulse to give us heart
an arrow from Eros
five bursts in seven hours
constant,...contact
a quiver
from the center of the galaxy

creator...
of a brown dwarf, ummm, closer to a like source
elves maybe other selves
maybe rings to remind our selfs
to listen to our center

to reverberate a higher course
from a true source
a cavalry of consciousness to our calvary
to use our hands seven days a week
to seek

to burst the usurpers
interpretation of nomenclature
and take back our place
as a human race
with a human face
towards
the stars

3/07/09
Used with permission.
http://www.kennyrosebutts.com
http://www.ambushofamerica.com
http://www.andhowlsforustofollow.com
http://www.sunnyrayspress.com

----

http://freeinternetpress.com/modules...ticle&sid=3100

US astronomers reckon they may have identified a previously unknown
type of space object after recording an unusual and potent burst of
radio waves from the centre of our galaxy.

Scientists have nicknamed object GCRT J1745-3009 a "burper", Reuters
reports. Lead boffin Scott Hyman explained: "An image of the Galactic
center, made by collecting radio waves of about 1 meter (3 feet) in
wavelength, revealed multiple bursts from the source during a
seven-hour period from Sept. 30 to Oct. 1, 2002 - five bursts in fact,
and repeating at remarkably constant intervals."

The mystery object is estimated to lie between 300 and 24,000
light-years from Earth. Astronomers say GCRT J1745-3009 cannot be a
pulsar, but could be a brown dwarf or magnetar - an "exotic star with
an extremely powerful magnetic field". It was discovered following
analysis of data collected by the National Science Foundation's Very
Large Array radio telescope in New Mexico.

"telescope" poem Ocean779 Amateur Astronomy 3 January 22nd 05 10:21 AM
A Forwarded Poem For Our Missing Cosmic Darla nightbat Misc 3 November 12th 04 07:34 AM
A Poem MikeW Amateur Astronomy 1 June 10th 04 09:00 PM
Solar maximum is years past, yet the sun has been remarkably activ Sam Wormley Amateur Astronomy 5 November 13th 03 05:25 PM
Sunspot 484 near the sun's northeastern limb is growing remarkably fast Sam Wormley Amateur Astronomy 0 October 19th 03 07:31 PM