What to do with old S&T Mags?

Old July 10th 03, 02:28 AM
David E. Francis

Default What to do with old S&T Mags?

"adam bootle" wrote in message ...
how about scanning them and selling them on disk !

Adam,

If Jake does that, wouldn't it be possible for S & T to sue him for
selling their intellectual property, or violating their copyright;
much like the music industry is doing?

Francis

"JaKe" wrote in message
While cleaning out the garage last week, I cam across two boxes of 20
year old Sky and Telescope magazines. It'd be a shame to throw these
out -- but who would want them? Any ideas?

--
JaKe, Seattle
"The monk bought lunch"

Old July 10th 03, 03:18 AM
bwhiting

JaKe wrote:
While cleaning out the garage last week, I cam across two boxes of 20
year old Sky and Telescope magazines. It'd be a shame to throw these
out -- but who would want them? Any ideas?

Jake, another idea is Doctors and dentists offices (Yes, and even lawyers
offices too)....people sit there and read while waiting....you never
know what your June 1993 edition of S & T might start...a budding
astronomer?
Clear Skies,
Tom W

Old July 10th 03, 03:28 AM
Darian

JaKe wrote in message ...
While cleaning out the garage last week, I cam across two boxes of 20
year old Sky and Telescope magazines. It'd be a shame to throw these
out -- but who would want them? Any ideas?

Put an ad on Astromart. DR
Old July 10th 03, 04:29 AM
Starlord

You hit it right on the head, When I set up for Sidewalk Astronomy I have a
stack of S&T/Astronoy with me and the kids who seem to realy like what they see,
I give'm a magazine to read.

That's how I move out my old copys.

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com

om...

"JaKe" wrote in message
While cleaning out the garage last week, I cam across two boxes of 20
year old Sky and Telescope magazines. It'd be a shame to throw these
out -- but who would want them? Any ideas?

--
JaKe, Seattle
"The monk bought lunch"
Jim Morrison

---

Old July 10th 03, 07:04 AM
Alan W. Craft

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 22:18:53 -0400, bwhiting ...reflected:

JaKe wrote:
While cleaning out the garage last week, I cam across two boxes of 20
year old Sky and Telescope magazines. It'd be a shame to throw these
out -- but who would want them? Any ideas?

Jake, another idea is Doctors and dentists offices (Yes, and even lawyers
offices too)....people sit there and read while waiting....you never
know what your June 1993 edition of S & T might start...a budding
astronomer?
Clear Skies,
Tom W

And at the end of that very same day upon which a lone dog-eared and
abraded copy had been secreted into that mound of Cosmo...nope, ...politans
and the like, a scrabble-faced nurse or assistant, respectively, tosses it out; or...

She becomes an amateur astronomer!

Boy, what I wouldn't give to be there.

Alan

Old July 10th 03, 07:25 AM
Alan W. Craft

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 20:29:06 -0700, "Starlord" ...reflected:

You hit it right on the head, When I set up for Sidewalk Astronomy I have a
stack of S&T/Astronoy with me and the kids who seem to realy like what they see,
I give'm a magazine to read.

That's how I move out my old copys.

The very best way indeed!

Alan

Old July 10th 03, 03:19 PM
DNALJM

Put an ad on Astromart. DR

Or Ebay.

Jane
Old July 10th 03, 07:14 PM
Orion

How about promoting Astronomy and Sky &Tel at the same time. Every time you
hope in the car to go to the mall, or some public place, take one copy with
you, and "accidentally" leave it around for someone to find .In no time at
all, they will be gone.. You never know who might pick it up, and get
hooked...Somebody will, as the covers are almost always eye catchers..
Orion

Old July 11th 03, 08:59 PM
Cousin Ricky

"adam bootle" wrote in message ...
how about scanning them and selling them on disk !

Shhhh! zgseronik might be listening.

Clear skies!

--
~ U.S. Virgin Islands ~ USDA zone 11 ~ 18.3N, 64.9W ~