Big Bertha Thing blogs

Old July 10th 03, 01:41 AM
Tony Lance

Default Big Bertha Thing blogs

Big Bertha Thing Battle
Cosmic Ray Series
Possible Real World System Constructs
http://tonylance.mybravenet.com/battle.html
Access page to 600K ZIP file
Astrophysics net ring access site
Newsgroup Reviews including misc.health.aids

301 files from the first battle of cyberspace.

Big Bertha Thing Battle

1. Do not fight.
2. Fight on ground of your own choosing.
3. Make sure you have got an edge.
4. Is it worth dying for?

Spam stands for:-
Spleen
Paucity
Artless
Monosylabic

It includes newbies, spammers, spam busters and even
sometimes victim support. The only good spam is branded spam,
which is more Sesame Street than Darth Vader.

To the victor the spoils, of the 1st Battle of Cyberspace.
(20 family jewels and the 301 files.)

This has been a serious exercise, under the auspices
of the Pastures project, OUSA Classical Particle,
in conjunction with OUSA Research.
Thank you,
Tony Lance

Big Bertha Thing farm

From Bibliography of Pastures.(Optional)
The preface from
An Elementary Treatment of Gyroscopes and Similar Spinning Tops
by Crabtree 1909

Classic Cartoon and animated cartoon of
Animal Farm
by George Orwell

Tony Lance

Big Bertha Thing chronicles

Did you hear the one about the chinese historian, Wan Thing the Just,
also called Just Wan Thing?
1. He does not exist.
2. He is a contradiction in terms.
3. He is a student of mythology.
4. You cannot write history by enforcing it.
5. Unofficial history is not an executable offense.
6. The errors and omissions page is bigger than the book.
7. He is a storyteller of the chinese diaspora.
8. Politics makes poor history.
9. He is a bigger liar than I am.
10.The father of lies, wishes he had written it.
11.The ancient greeks had the decency to call it myths and legends.
12.It is a 6000 year long political diatribe.
13.He invented '1984 newspeak.'
14.His name is mandarin, princeling and warlord.
Old July 10th 03, 07:22 PM
FalconFly

In maybe 3 years of Newsgroups activity, this "Big Bertha" brabbeling, occuring on a
repeatingly basis, remains one of the mysteries.

2 years ago, someone tried to explain it to me (something like a Golf Wedge ??), but no
use.

Greetings
*shakes head*
FalconFly

Webmaster
http://www.falconfly.de
3dfx Archive
====================
Forum : http://www.falconfly-central.de

Old July 10th 03, 07:53 PM
Robi

FalconFly wrote:
In maybe 3 years of Newsgroups activity, this "Big Bertha" brabbeling, occuring on a
repeatingly basis, remains one of the mysteries.

What I have been wondering for a long time, "what is a 'blog'"
Somehow I see it associated with "weblog(s)"

2 years ago, someone tried to explain it to me (something like a Golf Wedge ??), but no
use.

Big Bertha is (in golf terms) a special golf club - a modified 'driver' - which sends
the golfball farther - much farther - than a regular driver.

Big Bertha also used to be the nickname of one of the Hiroshima/Nagasaki atomic bombs IIRC.

Somehow I have the name Tony Lance associated with a golf pro or a golf club manufacturer.

Greetings
*shakes head*
FalconFly

better shaken than stirred ;^p

--
Robi
(2.6#@ 2.5 yrs)

Old July 12th 03, 09:41 AM
Odysseus

Robi wrote:

Big Bertha is (in golf terms) a special golf club - a modified 'driver' - which sends
the golfball farther - much farther - than a regular driver.

Big Bertha also used to be the nickname of one of the Hiroshima/Nagasaki atomic bombs IIRC.

Not one of those, but perhaps another bomb, or an artillery piece
(German railway gun?). The 'uranium cannon' dropped on Hiroshima was
called "Little Boy", and the plutonium implosion bomb dropped on
Nagasaki was "Fat Man".

--Odysseus 12# @ 30Y