Slooh/Nasa/Griffith Obsvty eclipse live!

Old April 15th 14, 07:24 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jerry Warner

Default Slooh/Nasa/Griffith Obsvty eclipse live!

What a joke!

The images being broadcast by NASA/Griffith and Slooh tonight are just
terrible.

The socalled telecast equally bad.

Maybe next time they need to hier some 8th grader with an iphone, and
his teacher
who can give a presentation?

Im just astounded by how bad this is tonight ....

Old April 15th 14, 07:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jerry Warner

I think a few clubs were watching the very bad coverage by Slooh and
Nasa/Griffith thinking, "we can do better than that!". And perhaps they will
for the next eclipse. I hope they do...

The British hocker at Slooh kept trying to sell free memberships with a free
binocular offer being tossed out every five minutes all night long, with
their cheesy lunar eclipse images bold as life in the background! I'm
sitting here thinking, who would want to join in something like this? Takes
all kinds, I guess.

Hopfully the next eclipse coverage will be a lot better (with 1/100th the
effort).

smile -

Chris Schram wrote:

In article ,
Jerry Warner wrote:

What a joke!

The images being broadcast by NASA/Griffith and Slooh tonight are just
terrible.

The socalled telecast equally bad.

Maybe next time they need to hier some 8th grader with an iphone, and
his teacher
who can give a presentation?

Im just astounded by how bad this is tonight ....

Here on the southern Oregon coast had heavy clouds and drizzle during
most of the eclipse, so I tried watching it on the NASA TV app. Yes, the
ineptitude of the "coverage" truly astounding.

CNN had some live coverage, which was entertaining because the two desk
anchors and the guy who stood in front of the NASA imagery had the
giggles most of the time. The night shift at CNN must all be heavy
drinkers.

--
is a filtered spam magnet. Email replies may be lost.
You're better off replying to this newsgroup.