Event Horizon Telescopes

Old November 13th 06, 06:17 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Chris

Default Event Horizon Telescopes

Are the telescopes sold under the brand "Event Horizon" decent?

Chris Maness

Old November 13th 06, 01:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Luigi Caselli

"Chris" ha scritto nel messaggio
ups.com...
Are the telescopes sold under the brand "Event Horizon" decent?

The problem is that buying an "Event Horizon" you must buy also a little
black hole...
Maybe useful for garbage...
:-)

Luigi Caselli

Old November 13th 06, 02:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Chris

Luigi Caselli wrote:
"Chris" ha scritto nel messaggio
ups.com...
Are the telescopes sold under the brand "Event Horizon" decent?

The problem is that buying an "Event Horizon" you must buy also a little
black hole...
Maybe useful for garbage...
:-)

Luigi Caselli

Do you have any experience with the scope?

Old November 13th 06, 05:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Starlord

I've never heard of them send me a link and I will look at them, but you
should read first:
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

ups.com...

Old November 13th 06, 08:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_1_]

Chris wrote:
Luigi Caselli wrote:
"Chris" ha scritto nel messaggio
ups.com...
Are the telescopes sold under the brand "Event Horizon" decent?

The problem is that buying an "Event Horizon" you must buy also a little
black hole...
Maybe useful for garbage...
:-)

Luigi Caselli

Do you have any experience with the scope?

There is a Yahoo! group on them:

Double-A

Old November 13th 06, 11:13 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Starman

I once compared a Event Horizon 152 mm with a Skywatcher (Orion in USA) 150
mm
and i ended up buying the Skywatcher for my son, because the difference
between the 2
was outstanding in favour of the skywatcher

everything was bad in the Event Horizon it was almost impossible to get a
clear focus
contrast very unpleasant, the 10 mm very poor i couldn't get good focus, the
mount was shaking like an earthquake, the "finder" only 20 mm

both scopes had focal lenght 750 mm (f/5) , and was testetd with the same
super10 mm and 25 mm eyepiece and 3 x barlow.
barlow was almost useless in Event Horizon because of the bad contrast

so my advice stay away from this plastic scope, it's crap and not decent if
you want to keep Astronomy as a hobby

"Chris" skrev i en meddelelse
ups.com...
Are the telescopes sold under the brand "Event Horizon" decent?

Chris Maness

Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere.
Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at få 571 spam-mails
Betalende brugere får ikke denne besked i deres e-mails.
Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her.

Old November 14th 06, 03:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Chris

Starman wrote:
I once compared a Event Horizon 152 mm with a Skywatcher (Orion in USA) 150
mm
and i ended up buying the Skywatcher for my son, because the difference
between the 2
was outstanding in favour of the skywatcher

everything was bad in the Event Horizon it was almost impossible to get a
clear focus
contrast very unpleasant, the 10 mm very poor i couldn't get good focus, the
mount was shaking like an earthquake, the "finder" only 20 mm

both scopes had focal lenght 750 mm (f/5) , and was testetd with the same
super10 mm and 25 mm eyepiece and 3 x barlow.
barlow was almost useless in Event Horizon because of the bad contrast

so my advice stay away from this plastic scope, it's crap and not decent if
you want to keep Astronomy as a hobby

Thanks for the heads up. I had a 4.5 inch reflector before and became
bored with it because everything other than stars just looked like
white fuzzy blobs with no color. I was told by an experienced
astronomer that I just needed a bigger scope.

Chris Maness

Old November 14th 06, 03:59 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Starlord

Not totaly Right was that Astronomer, I have 3 Dobs, a 10inch f5, a 8inch f8
and a 4.25inch F9 Stargazer Steve Dob and with it I've looked at and enjoyed
M42, many of the Globle clusters, Jupiter and it's cloud bands and Mars at
closest Eproch. The time is, it does NOT have the typal Department store
mirror, it has a very good parabloic mirror as any scope should have that's
a reflector, but the cheap ones don't. I've got a tasco mirror I took out of
one someone left behind in a trailer they moved out of, I've done a few
little test on it and they don't give the same results that even my 4.25inch
mirror gives.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
The Church of Eternity
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/church/Eternity.html

"Chris" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old November 19th 06, 03:10 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Reality is the event horizon of a black hole is its almost perfect
curved surface. I see its surface as being 10-^22 of a centimeter
thick. Nothing bigger can pass through. It is this surface tension that
reduces matter to its building blocks(sub-particles) before passing
through to its core. My definition of a black holes event horizon is
the line where the BH makes contact with the space of the universe.
Reality is this horizon is not imaginary like Earth's. Bert.

Old November 19th 06, 10:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Starman

I don't think that was what he asked about ;-)

"G=EMC^2 Glazier" skrev i en meddelelse
Reality is the event horizon of a black hole is its almost perfect
curved surface. I see its surface as being 10-^22 of a centimeter
thick. Nothing bigger can pass through. It is this surface tension that
reduces matter to its building blocks(sub-particles) before passing
through to its core. My definition of a black holes event horizon is
the line where the BH makes contact with the space of the universe.
Reality is this horizon is not imaginary like Earth's. Bert.

Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere.
Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at få 744 spam-mails