Has anyone checked to see if Deuterium is really stable at 2.7 Kelvin or below??

Old September 20th 03, 03:12 AM

Default Has anyone checked to see if Deuterium is really stable at 2.7 Kelvin or below??

Old September 20th 03, 05:02 AM

"pinkling" wrote in message
link.net...
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 02:12:29 GMT in
, graced the
world with this thought:

Has anyone checked to see if Deuterium is really stable at 2.7 Kelvin or
below??

Yeah, I did, it's OK.

Mr. Bill Sheppard, would you please explain what it would mean if Deuterium
was not stable at or below 2.7 K?

Old September 20th 03, 06:07 AM
Bill Sheppard

bob@hotmail wrote,

Mr. Bill Sheppard, would you please
explain what it would mean if Deuterium
was not stable at or below 2.7 K?

We would not have a strong surrogate marker of a superhot big bang
episode. Do a web search under 'Deuterium, 2.7 K'. you'll get a lot of
good info. oc

Old September 20th 03, 10:52 AM
Dave Barlow

During a perfect moment of peace at Fri, 19 Sep 2003 22:07:39 -0700
(PDT), (Bill Sheppard) interrupted with:

bob@hotmail wrote,

Mr. Bill Sheppard, would you please
explain what it would mean if Deuterium
was not stable at or below 2.7 K?

We would not have a strong surrogate marker of a superhot big bang
episode. Do a web search under 'Deuterium, 2.7 K'. you'll get a lot of
good info. oc

Have a read of
http://www.astro.washington.edu/bbec...re/070896.html.
Deuterium is created when the Universe is very hot and dense. The 2,7K
background occurs thousands of years later in the Universes evolution.
I can't see why you are saying that an unstable Deuterium atom is not
a marker of a hot big bang.

FWIW, the 2.7K CMBR does not mean space has that temperature. It is
only the equivalent temperature of the radiation left over from the
surface of last scattering. Space can be very much colder, such as
dense HII regions which are 1K. Some are very much hotter, such as
the 1,000,000K+ of the local ISM. There is a spread of temperatures in
the middle.

Old September 20th 03, 12:31 PM
Bill Sheppard

I can't see why you are saying that an
unstable Deuterium atom is not a marker of a hot big bang.

Read again. I said it _is_ a (surrogate) marker of a superhot Big Bang.
The existance of deuterium is one of the strongest indicators of the BB.
oc

Old September 20th 03, 03:08 PM

"Bill Sheppard" wrote in message
I can't see why you are saying that an
unstable Deuterium atom is not a marker of a hot big bang.

Read again. I said it _is_ a (surrogate) marker of a superhot Big Bang.
The existance of deuterium is one of the strongest indicators of the BB.
oc

How about this Idea

Matter, deuterium, can absorb Energy, photons at the speed of gravity,
53100km per second.
But can only re-release that absorbed energy back out at 300000 km per
second, creating an artificial sub 2.7 K environment.

H-bomb