From NASA's buddies at the IPCC:

Old November 22nd 11, 06:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Scammed Public

Default From NASA's buddies at the IPCC:

New email horrors.

/// The IPCC Process ///

1939 Thorne/MetO:

Observations do not show rising temperatures throughout the
tropical
troposphere unless you accept one single study and approach and
discount a
wealth of others. This is just downright dangerous. We need to
communicate the
uncertainty and be honest. Phil, hopefully we can find time to
discuss these
further if necessary [...]

3066 Thorne:

I also think the science is being manipulated to put a political
spin on it
which for all our sakes might not be too clever in the long run.

1611 Carter:

It seems that a few people have a very strong say, and no matter
how much
talking goes on beforehand, the big decisions are made at the
eleventh hour by
a select core group.

2884 Wigley:

Mike, The Figure you sent is very deceptive [...] there have been
a number of
dishonest presentations of model results by individual authors and
by IPCC [...]

4755 Overpeck:

The trick may be to decide on the main message and use that to
guid[e] what’s
included and what is left out.

3456 Overpeck:

I agree w/ Susan [Solomon] that we should try to put more in the
bullet about
“Subsequent evidence” [...] Need to convince readers that there
really has been
an increase in knowledge – more evidence. What is it?

Scientists say IPCC should be overhauled or scrapped Mike Jr Amateur Astronomy 9 February 13th 10 01:10 AM
India tossing the UN's IPCC out with the garbage Thad Floryan Amateur Astronomy 0 February 6th 10 01:46 AM
IPCC admits Himalayan glacier error Sam Wormley[_2_] Amateur Astronomy 40 January 23rd 10 02:21 AM
IPCC Flaws Jonathan Policy 6 October 16th 09 08:28 PM
Like me and iron curtains are shut up buddies, or those who can behate criminalized. You won't escape. gb[_3_] Astronomy Misc 0 April 17th 08 11:50 PM