Iridium crossing the Moon?

Old November 19th 05, 07:33 PM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe

Default Iridium crossing the Moon?

Has anyone observed an Iridium flare crossing the Moon?
It would obviously be very rare from a given location but it could
presumably be predicted in the same way as ISS transits.
Old November 19th 05, 09:30 PM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe

Jonathan Silverlight wrote in
:

Has anyone observed an Iridium flare crossing the Moon?
It would obviously be very rare from a given location but it could
presumably be predicted in the same way as ISS transits.

Been there. Done that. Got the picture.

http://www.skywise711.com/astro/index.html#Ir80Moon

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Supernews sucks - blocking google, usenet.com & newsfeeds.com posts
Old November 19th 05, 11:00 PM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe

In message , Skywise
writes
Jonathan Silverlight wrote in
:

Has anyone observed an Iridium flare crossing the Moon?
It would obviously be very rare from a given location but it could
presumably be predicted in the same way as ISS transits.

Been there. Done that. Got the picture.

http://www.skywise711.com/astro/index.html#Ir80Moon

Brian

Amazing!
Nice site, too.
And we've got some traffic on this group :-)
Old November 20th 05, 05:09 AM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe

Jonathan Silverlight wrote
in :

In message , Skywise
writes
Jonathan Silverlight
wrote in :

Has anyone observed an Iridium flare crossing the Moon?
It would obviously be very rare from a given location but it could
presumably be predicted in the same way as ISS transits.

Been there. Done that. Got the picture.

http://www.skywise711.com/astro/index.html#Ir80Moon

Brian

Amazing!
Nice site, too.
And we've got some traffic on this group :-)

I'm sure there's several lurkers just looking to answer the
few questions that pop up.

Most of the satellite discussion that I'm aware of takes
place on moderated mailing lists. For example,

http://www.satobs.org/seesat/seesatindex.html

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Supernews sucks - blocking google, usenet.com & newsfeeds.com posts

Is the Moon Hollow? Sleuths? Imperishable Stars Misc 46 October 8th 04 04:08 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ (is not spam) :-) Nathan Jones UK Astronomy 8 August 1st 04 09:08 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla Misc 10 July 25th 04 02:57 PM
The apollo faq the inquirer Astronomy Misc 11 April 22nd 04 06:23 AM
significant addition to section 25 of the faq heat Astronomy Misc 1 April 15th 04 01:20 AM