Climate change will change thing, not for the better

Old May 4th 14, 04:28 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Climate change will change thing, not for the better

On Saturday, May 3, 2014 8:58:56 PM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Sat, 3 May 2014 12:12:05 -0700 (PDT), wsnell01 wrote:

Not everyone wants a single payer system, in fact most probably do not!

Maybe, maybe not.

Fuzzy thinking on your part, as expected. Most people are not well served by a single payer system, should not have to endure one, and understand why such a system should be avoided.

But I think they would once they had it.

Your thinking is wrong (see my comment above.)

That has
been the lesson in every civilized country in the world. Their
healthcare systems work better than ours (usually, much better), at a
fraction of the price, and are immensely popular.

Once the fascists have taken over a health care system with single payer, the people have little choice but to accept it. Do not confuse that with "immensely popular." By your twisted logic the USSR's govt was "immensely popular."

In addition, once one takes diet, lifestyle and cultural factors into account, the US system, prior to Zer0bamacare, worked FAR better than other systems. Few western countries are as diverse as the US, and how well one cares for oneself has a FAR greater impact on health, happiness and longevity, than does health care.

Currently we are seeing unintended consequences of Zer0bamacare...businesses cutting hours and keeping staffs small, and insurance companies now having to cancel policies and raise premiums and deductibles, etc. These consequences were completely unforeseen by idiots such as you, but completely foreseen by conservatives (and BTW you are NOT a conservative, peterson, no matter how much you lie about being one.)

Old May 4th 14, 03:33 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Sunday, May 4, 2014 9:45:37 AM UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Sat, 3 May 2014 20:28:38 -0700 (PDT), wsnell01 wrote:

Once the fascists have taken over a health care system with single payer, the people have little choice but to accept it. Do not confuse that with "immensely popular."

Your ignorance of what's going on outside the U.S. is vast. Indeed,
your ignorance about social and political trends inside the U.S. is
vast, as well.

You are the one calling a government takeover of health care "immensely popular." You are clearly ignorant, period.

You wish to inflict your views on everyone else. That is fascism pure and simple.
Old May 4th 14, 04:25 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Sunday, May 4, 2014 9:17:23 AM UTC-6, Quadibloc wrote:
On Saturday, May 3, 2014 1:12:05 PM UTC-6, wrote:

Not everyone wants a single payer system, in fact most probably do not!

Come the revolution, you will want to be protected from going bankrupt if you
have a catastrophic illness!

Doesn't sound as unlikely as liking strawberry shortcake or whatever.

Actually, strawberries and cream. Willie Howard, in Ballyhoo of 1932. Amazing what Google will find for you.

John Savard
Old May 4th 14, 08:28 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Sunday, May 4, 2014 10:02:24 AM UTC-6, Chris L Peterson wrote:
I have suggested we enact laws that are based on my
views which don't also reflect the will of society.

But then you're admitting he's right! Typo, I presume.

John Savard
Old May 4th 14, 09:08 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brian Tung[_5_]

Quadibloc wrote:
But then you're admitting he's right! Typo, I presume.

Presumably he meant to insert a "not" before "suggested" or some such.

--
Brian Tung
The Astronomy Corner at http://www.astronomycorner.net/
Old May 4th 14, 10:51 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

On Sun, 4 May 2014 12:28:28 -0700 (PDT), Quadibloc
wrote:

On Sunday, May 4, 2014 10:02:24 AM UTC-6, Chris L Peterson wrote:
I have suggested we enact laws that are based on my
views which don't also reflect the will of society.

But then you're admitting he's right! Typo, I presume.

You presume correctly. Whether mine or some inadvertent autocorrect
feature I can't say. I have no doubt that there are some who lack the
wits to detect the error, however...
Old May 5th 14, 02:29 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Brian Tung[_5_]

Chris L Peterson wrote:
You presume correctly. Whether mine or some inadvertent autocorrect
feature I can't say. I have no doubt that there are some who lack the
wits to detect the error, however...

Well, to be sure, they probably lack the will, not the wits, right?

(Been in too many fruitless debates in which someone insisted on taking
an inadvertent slip as iron-clad evidence that I subconsciously cleaved
to his point of view. Sometimes, I think patriotism and a certain kind
of depraved literalism run neck and neck as last refuge.)