Thank you, anti-SV folks!

Old September 4th 03, 08:56 PM
Chuck Taylor

Default Information for buyers of goods from Ukraine

"Jon Isaacs" wrote in message
It is strange, isn't it. Astromart buyers are buying a used astro
products, for use in the field viewing the heavens presumably; yet an
original box is important? What's up with that?

Interesting, some how the original box adds something to the completeness

of
the sale. I have a couple of thoughts as to its possible meaning:

1. Anyone who was careful enough and organized enough to save the

original box
is likely to have taken pretty good care of the eyepiece.

2. The original box makes the eyepiece seem more "new." One can always

think,
"It really is new, the guy never used it."

3. Its like Enhanced SCT coatings, most of the justification seems to be

"It
will retain its value better.

And:

4. If I decide to sell it later, I can get more back (and sell it quicker)
if it has the original box.

Clear Skies

Chuck Taylor
Do you observe the moon?
Try the Lunar Observing Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lunar-observing/

Jon

Old September 4th 03, 11:57 PM
Sol Robbins

(David) wrote in message . com...

Yes, there is a reason. The Ukrainian Law on Consumers Rights
Protection:
The seller should provide to the buyer all necessary information
concerning the goods he sells. So in your situation it is violation of
articles 3 and 12 of the Law.

Article 3 of above mentioned Law determines the following rights of
the consumer: the right for the proper quality of goods and for
necessary and true information concerning the goods. And Article 12
says that the consumer has the right to demand that the quality of
goods that corresponds to the information the seller provides.

Once again my advice - contact the holders of refurbished and testing
units and offer them an exchange or some form of compensation. The
problem would be if you do not know where such units ended. One more
reason for having serial numbers.

David

Hi David,

A little story;

For some reason, 3 purchasers of three different Chromacors had
problems setting it up in their own scopes. Consequently, they
contacted me to see about these "flawed Chromacors". They sent them to
me to check out through my scope. All 3 of them worked just fine in
terms of color correction and proper alignment to provide images
without coma. I believe that most scope really don't know much about
DYI collimation, star testing and other finer points of scope
behaviour. this may be especially true with the more or less exotic
items like the Chromacor, as well as some specialty filters. This has
been demonstrated time and again. In scope user groups, folks have
privately asked me to help them or clarify topics just as I have
privately asked some folks to help me.

This said and here it comes..., I believe your problem should be taken
up with the proper authorities either here, (FTC), or in the Ukraine.
Let us know how it turns out.

Since I believe you brought this up in other groups as well as here in
SAA. I guess I can only ask, what do you really want?

Thanks, Sol Robbins
Old September 5th 03, 03:49 AM
David

Sol Robbins wrote:

Hi David,

A little story;

For some reason, 3 purchasers of three different Chromacors had
problems setting it up in their own scopes. Consequently, they
contacted me to see about these "flawed Chromacors". They sent them to
me to check out through my scope. All 3 of them worked just fine in
terms of color correction and proper alignment to provide images
without coma. I believe that most scope really don't know much about
DYI collimation, star testing and other finer points of scope
behaviour. this may be especially true with the more or less exotic
items like the Chromacor, as well as some specialty filters. This has
been demonstrated time and again. In scope user groups, folks have
privately asked me to help them or clarify topics just as I have
privately asked some folks to help me.

Sol,

Valery should be thankful for your help for the first time putting together a comprehensive instruction.
However, I do not see any relevance of the paragraph above to this problem.
This is not about not following the instruction.

This said and here it comes..., I believe your problem should be taken
up with the proper authorities either here, (FTC), or in the Ukraine.
Let us know how it turns out.

Since I believe you brought this up in other groups as well as here in
SAA. I guess I can only ask, what do you really want?

Thanks, Sol Robbins

Why to go to such lenghts if he can remedy his previous action by following my advice ? But does he want to
?
He knows how to use email.

David

Old September 5th 03, 12:17 PM
Sol Robbins

"Jan Owen" wrote in message news:8lS5b.44175$cj1.27381@fed1read06...
His problem is, and has been, with Valery, and, IMO, has nothing to do
with these specific Chromacors, or the law. IMO, that's just the excuse
being used this time.

Hi Jan,

Maybe I wasn't as clear as I could have been about the example I used.
I may be naive about this but I think user groups are only the tip of
an ice berg regarding the kind of help one could get. The example
mentioned is simply a form of confirmation of something working as
advertised. If it didn't work well, than seeking recourse could be
persued with a fair degree of confidence and I would've helped if it
would have have made a difference.

If he's spewing this around other newsgroups at the same time, it would
appear to just underscore the level of vindictiveness involved.

The example I used, least for me, was simply to illustrate a kind of
private activity going on in the astro-community. Problems can get
resolved and I believe this to be the main benefit of user groups. His
recent post is just appears to be another layer of what seems to be a
reiterative posting. To point out law is a sort of case building. I
just may be confused as to what this case may actually be. If as you
say this problem is between him and Valery, why is it revisited,
circulated, and put forth to us? I am simply wondering what anyone
could do to help David out.

Sol Robbins
Old September 5th 03, 12:46 PM
Sol Robbins

David wrote in message ...

Valery should be thankful for your help for the first time putting together a comprehensive instruction.
However, I do not see any relevance of the paragraph above to this problem.
This is not about not following the instruction.

Actually what I did was minimal. Valery wrote it.

This said and here it comes..., I believe your problem should be taken
up with the proper authorities either here, (FTC), or in the Ukraine.
Let us know how it turns out.

Since I believe you brought this up in other groups as well as here in
SAA. I guess I can only ask, what do you really want?

Thanks, Sol Robbins

Why to go to such lenghts if he can remedy his previous action by following my advice ?

Why not? This appears to be important to you. You have gone out of
your way to find specific articles regarding commerce and trade law as
it pertains to the Ukraine and present it publicly to readers of SAA.
Do want a remedy and in what form, your advice to be followed, or
both?

Sol Robbins

But does he want to?
He knows how to use email.

David

Old September 5th 03, 06:34 PM
Sol Robbins

David wrote in message ...
Sol Robbins wrote:

.. You have gone out of your way to find specific articles regarding commerce and trade law as
it pertains to the Ukraine and present it publicly to readers of SAA.

Sol,

in recent threads, opinions here were voiced that at the end, no harm but good happened, such activity might
be legal in Ukraine, there might be not a relevant US federal law covering this, that one shall cite sources
"because this is a scientific forum"...

David

Hi David,

Sol Robbins
Old September 5th 03, 06:34 PM
Chuck Taylor

"Sol Robbins" wrote in message
m...
"Jan Owen" wrote in message

His problem is, and has been, with Valery, and, IMO, has nothing to do
with these specific Chromacors, or the law. IMO, that's just the excuse
being used this time.

Hi Jan,

Maybe I wasn't as clear as I could have been about the example I used.
I may be naive about this but I think user groups are only the tip of
an ice berg regarding the kind of help one could get. The example
mentioned is simply a form of confirmation of something working as
advertised. If it didn't work well, than seeking recourse could be
persued with a fair degree of confidence and I would've helped if it
would have have made a difference.

If he's spewing this around other newsgroups at the same time, it would
appear to just underscore the level of vindictiveness involved.

Hi Sol,

I thought your post was very clear. It wasn't what he wanted to hear, but it
was clear. Of course, David has a couple of people he does this with
(complaining/accusing). He doesn't want a solution since that would mean he
would not have anything left to complain about. And he complains here and in
numerous groups --- usually against the same couple of people.

Any new Mars drawings?

Old September 6th 03, 02:35 AM
Al M

Hi Chuck,
Let's face it, David is a silly lost soul. He rants, but makes little
sense. technically he's inept. We should all stop reading his
postings.

Al M

Old September 6th 03, 07:51 PM
Bill Foley

so now is the whole gang together again, welcome on this thread ;-)
Anything to say on the merit of the issue, beside personal attacks ?

I will let Bender, from Futurama, make any personal comments about them all....
Or maybe the News Monster...
Clear, Dark, Steady Skies!
(And considerate neighbors!!!)