ASTRO: bdeh bdeh bdeh: that's all folks!

Old March 31st 10, 03:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: bdeh bdeh bdeh: that's all folks!

the Rosette is getting pretty low in the sky for imaging. I got started on
this one late in the season and I have run out of opportunity to get more
exposure in it for this season.

So here it is 12.5 hours of Ha and [OIII] from an AP155EDF f/7 and an FLI
PL39000M.

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc..._hao3_page.htm

be sure to look at the full resolution version

The key challenges in processing were fixing the bad columns and trading off
overall brightness with tolerable graininess.

Although the QE is low it is a lot of fun using this sensor. Based on the
PTC analysis I did the only thing I can see that causes this sensor to be an
eng grade are the bad columns. It seems to work pretty darned well if you
have time to spend on the object.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rosette_ap155edf_f7_pl39km_fli_rsrch_hao3_50x15min_svga.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	2877
Old April 3rd 10, 08:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Great image Richard.
There will be few objects that don't fit on this chip.

Stefan

"Richard Crisp" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
m...
the Rosette is getting pretty low in the sky for imaging. I got started on
this one late in the season and I have run out of opportunity to get more
exposure in it for this season.

So here it is 12.5 hours of Ha and [OIII] from an AP155EDF f/7 and an FLI
PL39000M.

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc..._hao3_page.htm

be sure to look at the full resolution version

The key challenges in processing were fixing the bad columns and trading
off overall brightness with tolerable graininess.

Although the QE is low it is a lot of fun using this sensor. Based on the
PTC analysis I did the only thing I can see that causes this sensor to be
an eng grade are the bad columns. It seems to work pretty darned well if
you have time to spend on the object.

Where did folks go? Richard Amirault Misc 2 June 17th 07 01:12 PM
See, ya folks. This NG really went down the toilet. spiral_72 Misc 0 May 2nd 05 12:56 PM
Sorry Folks I.J Jordan UK Astronomy 8 July 27th 04 02:25 PM
to all you Maryland folks Joe Amateur Astronomy 2 September 15th 03 06:09 AM
Thank you, anti-SV folks! Chuck Taylor Amateur Astronomy 38 September 6th 03 07:51 PM