Losmandy G11 Mount+ Gemini GOTO

Old June 11th 09, 06:44 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
John Davies

Default Losmandy G11 Mount+ Gemini GOTO

Hi Group,
I have recently obtained one of these mounts. I find that I can input
the longitude and latitude information OK, but when I input the time,
the handset reverts to the original figures showing; 0606:00:00:
00:00:00. I have tried "Cold Start", " Warm Start" and even "Warm
Restart" all to no avail.
Does anyone with one of these mounts have any ideas, please?

Thanks,
jpd
--
John Davies
Old June 12th 09, 08:52 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Neil[_2_]

Hi John

"John Davies" wrote in message
Hi Group,
but when I input the time,
the handset reverts to the original figures showing; 0606:00:00:
00:00:00.
Does anyone with one of these mounts have any ideas, please?

No ideas just guesses. You may be putting in yyyy:mm:dd hh:mm:ss but you may
need to put in yyyy:dd:mm hh:mm:ss or, for hh, you're putting it in as 24
hour not 12 hour followed by am/pm or the other way round in both cases.

RTFM? (Read The Manuel)

Try Googling using Losmandy G11 Mount+ Gemini GOTO 0606:00:00: 00:00:00. You
may get lucky and find a page detailing error messages or something else.
(only got Dial up here or would have a go myself)

Try Googling also for a Yahoo Losmandy G11 Mount group. There's Yahoo groups
for A LOT of things so there's bound to be one and they're very helpful.
Well the Yahoo groups I been to are.

Try your local AS.

Sorry that's all I've got! Good luck with it.

Neil

Old June 12th 09, 06:20 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
John Davies

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your reply. The reason I have not tried the Yahoo groups
route is because of my deadly slow dial-up! I have the date format in
accord with the manual (which I have read), but the mount defaults to
the American time zone.

Have just keep trying.

JPD

In message , Neil
writes

Old June 13th 09, 09:11 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Neil[_2_]

Hi John

"John Davies" wrote in message
Hi Neil,

Thanks for your reply.

You're welcome but it didn't seem to help, sorry.

The reason I have not tried the Yahoo groups
route is because of my deadly slow dial-up!

Yes, deadly slow dial-up is a pain! However I seem to be managing OK to read
three Yahoo groups & the ATM mailing list OK. I check for big messages
(using my ISP's site) before I try to down load anything. If I see one I
delete it, download the rest, then undelete it and go to the library &
download it with thier broadband (which is free). Any links in the 'small'
messages I also follow at the library. Once all is downloaded I read them
off-line. Maybe not ideal but it works for me.

I have the date format in
accord with the manual (which I have read), but the mount defaults to
the American time zone.

Is the manual in accord with the mount though? Wouldn't to try.

Have just keep trying.

Yep, you'll (we'll) get there eventually. Good luck.

Neil

P.s. you can also Google at the library.

Old June 15th 09, 07:42 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
John Davies

Hi Neil,
The library route is a good one but, here in the Welsh sticks, the
library is some way off and I am not certain that their Internet
connection is too good!

Old June 16th 09, 09:25 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Neil[_2_]

Hi John

"John Davies" wrote in message
Hi Neil,
The library route is a good one but, here in the Welsh sticks, the
library is some way off and I am not certain that their Internet
connection is too good!

I'm lucky that I'm only 10 miles from town with my own transport. I'm away
for a couple of days but will pop into town on Friday and Google your stuff
after having a go at my stuff. Even slow broadband is better than slow dial
up.

Neil, in the (south west) Scottish sticks.

Old June 19th 09, 09:56 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Neil[_2_]

Hi John

"Neil" wrote in message

I'm lucky that I'm only 10 miles from town with my own transport. I'm away
for a couple of days but will pop into town on Friday and Google your

stuff
after having a go at my stuff.

Did it & here's some stuff which, hopefully, will help.

Best of luck.

Neil

http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-datetime

The format for
the date and time is “yymm.dd hh:mm:ss” and must be in Coordinated Universal
Time
(UTC) – not your local time. Enter each digit of the date and time using the
direction
buttons on the Hand Controller as described in section 2.2.2 above

Executing this menu item permits you to see the date and/or time stored in
Gemini's Real
Time Clock (RTC) displayed according to one of four different date/time
standards. The
"UTC Date/Time" and "Civil Time" displays read from left to right as
follows:
"yymm.dd hh:mm:ss," where yy = year, mm = month, dd = day, hh = hour, mm =
minutes, and ss = seconds. In addition to just taking note of the time, this
is a convenient
way to check on whether you entered the UTC date and time correctly in the
"Setup"
menu. Remember that local Civil Time and UTC Time usually refer to different
time
zones, so their respective dates are not necessarily the same

5.3.9.1 UTC Date/Time (Coordinated Universal Time)
A full discussion of UTC is beyond the scope of this manual. For most
practical
purposes, it corresponds to Greenwich Mean Time (the date and time in
Greenwich
England). UTC is the time provided by all GPS receivers, and is the time
that must be
entered into Gemini's RTC.

Web site for UTC http://www.docgoerlich.de/utcdate.php