Important Notice (On Behalf of the Administrator)

Old May 16th 09, 10:57 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
classicalcompo

Default Important Notice (On Behalf of the Administrator)

I saw posts on Astronomy and Members' night sky observations, but what
are the things between all these are unwanted spam messages.

I know everyone hates spam, in fact the spam messages that I saw have
completely nothing to do with Astronomy, if you have realised it. They
might be trapping nets to unlucky victims who clicks on it, or offers
that are simply waiting for anyone to buy their (low-graded) products.
Posting something related to Astronomy, (eg. Astrophysics,
Astrochemistry, Astrobiology, Archeoastronomy)- just to name a few -
is fine.

This is just a gentle reminder. If you spot a message that you think
is spam, do inform the admin so that the spam post will be deleted.
Remember that the best way to prevent spam is you.
Old May 16th 09, 12:54 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
J[_4_]

classicalcompo wrote:
I saw posts on Astronomy and Members' night sky observations, but what
are the things between all these are unwanted spam messages.

I know everyone hates spam, in fact the spam messages that I saw have
completely nothing to do with Astronomy, if you have realised it. They
might be trapping nets to unlucky victims who clicks on it, or offers
that are simply waiting for anyone to buy their (low-graded) products.
Posting something related to Astronomy, (eg. Astrophysics,
Astrochemistry, Astrobiology, Archeoastronomy)- just to name a few -
is fine.

This is just a gentle reminder. If you spot a message that you think
is spam, do inform the admin so that the spam post will be deleted.
Remember that the best way to prevent spam is you.

You've got a lot to learn.
Old May 17th 09, 03:11 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Calum

classicalcompo wrote:
This is just a gentle reminder. If you spot a message that you think
is spam, do inform the admin

Al Gore...?
Old May 19th 09, 03:40 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Rob[_3_]

"classicalcompo" wrote in message
I saw posts on Astronomy and Members' night sky observations, but what
are the things between all these are unwanted spam messages.

I know everyone hates spam, in fact the spam messages that I saw have
completely nothing to do with Astronomy, if you have realised it. They
might be trapping nets to unlucky victims who clicks on it, or offers
that are simply waiting for anyone to buy their (low-graded) products.
Posting something related to Astronomy, (eg. Astrophysics,
Astrochemistry, Astrobiology, Archeoastronomy)- just to name a few -
is fine.

This is just a gentle reminder. If you spot a message that you think
is spam, do inform the admin so that the spam post will be deleted.
Remember that the best way to prevent spam is you.

USENET groups (like this) don't have administrators. You should
read the WIKI entry, if you want to learn how USENET works:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USENET

Old May 20th 09, 10:35 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
classicalcompo

On 19 May, 22:40, "Rob" wrote:
[...]

The message still apply, with or without an administrator. Members
have to be alert and aware of the spam posted.
Old May 24th 09, 07:27 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Chris.Bee

On May 20, 11:35*am, classicalcompo wrote:

The message still apply, with or without an administrator. Members
have to be alert and aware of the spam posted.

Fortunately for spammers there are always those too greedy, too
crooked and too stupid to pay the real price for anything.

Many MPs would make perfect victims of spammers.

Except that they don't have to be, because they can always use other
people's money to buy absolutely anything they want.

Being in charge of the country has so many benefits that they can even
escape the law, prosecution and taxation.

But then there there are always those too greedy, too crooked and too
stupid to believe it and they keep voting for the party which promises
to fill their own wallets to the brim in the shortest possible time.

The Achilles heel of democracy is the collection of greedy crooks and
conmen who put themselves forward for election.

And their greedy, crooked and stupid supporters, with very short
memories, who will work their butts off for nothing during elections
to ensure the end of the rainbow always falls on their own home.

Promise them a cheap ride and they will vote for anybody offering it.

That the rainbow only ever falls on the homes of the MPs never
dissuades the fools for repeatedly voting them in.

The perfect pyramid sales scam! Based on a famous Trilogy:

"The Untouchables." An everyday story of thieving country folk. i.e.
Most countries apply. As do most electorates.

"The Dingles" (of the Lower and Upper Houses) riding the white water,
gravy train on their way to even greater (tax free) things in Europe.

"The Mafia" who constantly hold back progress by having their snouts
in the ordinary people's trough.

"The Old boys Network": The exciting sequel, by the same authors, to
milk the voting public of their very last pound (of flesh).

"The Old Boyz Klub II" Another (Washington based) sequel dreamed up by
second-rate, Jollywood producers to milk the American DVD-buying
public of their last stone of flesh.

Sporting a fading, but still famous, overweight, rap star playing the
lead, hit man. Nicknamed: "The Speaker."

Who takes out the elected garbage, one at a time, using a stolen, CIA
inspired, alien technology, voice amplifier aided and abetted by the
lovely Sophia Silicone.

The Italian-born star-let in desperate need of a vehicle to relaunch
her much-improved assets following her break-up with her infamous,
drug-crazed, Brazilian footballer. ;-)