The Expanding Earth and Mind and other paradox

Old July 1st 06, 07:13 PM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins

Default The Expanding Earth and Mind and other paradox

I once had a friend that had talent and truly wanted to publish. He could
write,his mind was full of ideas, and for all practical

purposes, he believed he was a writer. But had nothing published. His room
mate would encourage him, to the point of nagging, to

write his novels and cook books. His number one excuse was that he did not
have a decent typewriter, (this was long before

computers and word processing for the masses). For years that was his
excuse, he needed a good typewriter. Finally one day, his

room mate not only bought him a very nice IBM Selectric, but also set him up
with a cool trailer/writer's pad by the beach .So now

my friend could be a writer, no more excuses. Well after a few months,
NOTHING! No manuscripts, no outlines, no words, only

blank sheets of typewriter paper. He passed away about 10 years ago without
publication, all that talent gone.
There were many possible reasons for his problem (usually fear and/or lack
of the basic "How To"), and we can come up with

hundreds of suggestions and fixes . Except, for one case, when the "desire",
the "wanting",and the day dreaming is a stronger

force than the 'doing' and creating RESULTS. You will not fix this problem.
Just let the Don Fs. and Cagles and Ed C.s and other

delusionals have their daydreams. We can respond to a few flaws in their
logic or point out mistaken observations, even offer

suggestions , but that is all. Their minds and egos cannot handle the TRUTH
and are therefore, blind to it. The irony in Don's case

is that in the past, competent scientists have proposed the idea of earth
expansion as a possible cause for observed features on

the surface of our planet. They confronted their fears and peers and
published. They also had their ego under control and when the

arguments against their theories were presented, they accepted those
arguments based on logic and good science. And those

poor souls that did not accept ,or at least listened to the arguments, were
subducted and assimilated into the convecting mantle.

Occasionally one pops up as a xenolith, like Don...

I found this whole thread a fascinating study of the effects of cross
posting, as well as personal observation my reactions to

statements made by various players here. Data mining occasionally will take
you into stagnant pools, and even then, stirring up the

mud can bring to light some life forms that were hidden just beneath the
surface. The only danger that we face are the traps of being

mired in a "Folie a' Deux"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folie_%C3%A0_deux .

Regards, Will E.

Old July 1st 06, 10:30 PM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins

will1 wrote:
[...]

The Earth absorbs (gravitational) energy.
This collects at its center until it
imbalances the magnetic field.
When the poles reverse the energy gets spun into matter.
The Earth grows
bigger and there is an increase in gravity.

This has a *profound* effect on genetic expression;
some life becomes extinct, other life
changes radically; other life loses capacity
(to fly, for instance, like the Dodo).

Periodic world-wide extinctions and evolutions
are the result.

John
Galaxy Model for the Atom
http://users.accesscomm.ca/john

Old July 2nd 06, 02:20 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins

will1 wrote:
[...]

Ah, so you're a writer as well, ..Will.. (You're not 'the friend' by
any chance..?)

Folies a deux. Hmm. The point to be taken from that one I think is
the historical fact that the 'folies' are the ones that move us, and
the 'two' - or rather the one of the two - are many. Surely you are
not upholding the white noise critque of t.o. and their excursions
into crass banality as the way discussion (of anything) should be
carried out? That surely ensures much, much worse than a fad :- idiocy
talking to itself.

How many points are you going to award yourself for that one? :-)

Old July 2nd 06, 04:46 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins

In article . com,
"malibu" wrote:

The Earth absorbs (gravitational) energy.
This collects at its center until it
imbalances the magnetic field.
When the poles reverse the energy gets spun into matter.
The Earth grows
bigger and there is an increase in gravity.

"That's not even wrong."

--
Timberwoof me at timberwoof dot com http://www.timberwoof.com
If Macintosh is a luxury cruise ship,

Old July 2nd 06, 05:26 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins

Timberwoof wrote:
In article . com,
"malibu" wrote:

The Earth absorbs (gravitational) energy.
This collects at its center until it
imbalances the magnetic field.
When the poles reverse the energy gets spun into matter.
The Earth grows
bigger and there is an increase in gravity.

"That's not even wrong."

Jupiter gives off 2.6 times as
much energy as it receives from the Sun.

The 'official' story is
that it is still cooling.

Is Earth still cooling?
Is Earth expanding?

What's *your* 'right' story? Got one?

John

Old July 2nd 06, 05:53 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins

malibu wrote:
Timberwoof wrote:
In article . com,
"malibu" wrote:

The Earth absorbs (gravitational) energy.
This collects at its center until it
imbalances the magnetic field.
When the poles reverse the energy gets spun into matter.
The Earth grows
bigger and there is an increase in gravity.

"That's not even wrong."

Jupiter gives off 2.6 times as
much energy as it receives from the Sun.

The 'official' story is
that it is still cooling.

Even official stories are often correct.

Is Earth still cooling?

Yes.

Is Earth expanding?

No.

What's *your* 'right' story? Got one?

There is really only one that fits the data, altho many details have to
be worked out. Unfortunately, it is not your story.

John

Kermit

Old July 2nd 06, 06:01 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins

will1 wrote:
I once had a friend that had talent and truly wanted to publish. He could
write,his mind was full of ideas, and for all practical
purposes, he believed he was a writer.

snip sad but common story

Regards, Will E.

All true. But our "job" here in talk.origins is to confront the
anti-science minions of darkness and confusion and keep them out of the
hair of folks wanting to do or discuss real science in informal fora.

Personally, I am not a scientist, and this is one small way I can
contribute to civilization. It is not incidental that I learn to think
and speak more clearly on these issues, and develop the tools I need to
confront (in the big blue room) my fellow citizens who sometimes seem
hell-bent on destroying the little progress we've made in the last
couple of lifetimes.

And we have a had a few folks show up who were simply misinformed and
ignorant, and when pointed in the right direction, or had a few
misconceptions cleared up, joined us in defending and presenting the
scientific method. The effort is not wasted.

Kermit

Old July 2nd 06, 06:15 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins

malibu wrote:
will1 wrote:

snip

Regards, Will E.

The Earth absorbs (gravitational) energy.

No, it doesn't. Can you cite or link to some data that suggests to you
that this happens?

What *is gravitational energy - can you describe it? Here is an
introduction to it. Can you explain why it would be absorbed by the
Earth?
http://www.cpast.org/Articles/fetch.adp?topicnum=24

This collects at its center until it
imbalances the magnetic field.

Why at it's center? What holds it? Why would it affect magnetic fields?
Why is the magnetic field imbalanced if the "gravitational energy is in
the center?

When the poles reverse the energy gets spun into matter.

Can you show your math? The physicists have calculated that it would
tale about 1/4 of the sun's output to produce the mass needed by Don's
imagined Earth expansion. Could you explain the mechanism by which a
shift in a magnetic field turns any energy into matter?

The Earth grows
bigger and there is an increase in gravity.

But if the accumulated gravity is used to make the matter, how can the
gravity increase? You seem to have suggested (against all known
physics) that the amount of gravity is unrelated to the mass.

This has a *profound* effect on genetic expression;

Do you mean directly? (If things weigh more, they obviously must adapt
of die. And quickly, apparently.) How?

And why does the fossil record not indicate these changes?
Did you know that the added mass would change both the revolution of
the Earth and it's rotation? Do you know the difference without looking
them up?

some life becomes extinct, other life
changes radically; other life loses capacity
(to fly, for instance, like the Dodo).

But not crows. Why? Evolutionary theory has very good explanations why
the dodo didn't fly, but crows do. Can you explain why one and not the
other?

Periodic world-wide extinctions and evolutions
are the result.

Curiously, the mass extinctions as shown in the fossil record did not
happen at the same time as the shifts in the magnetic poles. Can you
explain this?

Old July 2nd 06, 06:21 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins

don findlay wrote:
will1 wrote:
I once had a friend that had talent and truly wanted to publish. He could
write,his mind was full of ideas, and for all practical

snip

Regards, Will E.

Ah, so you're a writer as well, ..Will.. (You're not 'the friend' by
any chance..?)

Folies a deux. Hmm. The point to be taken from that one I think is
the historical fact that the 'folies' are the ones that move us, and
the 'two' - or rather the one of the two - are many. Surely you are
not upholding the white noise critque of t.o. and their excursions
into crass banality as the way discussion (of anything) should be
carried out? That surely ensures much, much worse than a fad :- idiocy
talking to itself.

How many points are you going to award yourself for that one? :-)

As usual Don, you show yourself to be more skillful - presumably more
practiced - at dispensing insults than presenting data or answering
questions.

So when are you going to present a paper? Attend a conference? Write a
book?

....take a class?

Kermit

Old July 2nd 06, 08:41 AM posted to sci.geo.geology,sci.physics,sci.astro,talk.origins

Kermit wrote:
don findlay wrote:

As usual Don, you show yourself to be more skillful - presumably more
practiced - at dispensing insults than presenting data or answering
questions.

I was a wide-eyed ingenue - till I met you (and the white noise like
you). It's not so much practice, Kermit. The exchanges speak for
themselves. I am your mirror.

So when are you going to present a paper? Attend a conference? Write a
book?

I am/ I have. It will cost you less than a pizza.

...take a class?

I'm doing that too, but they're all as dumb as you, ...(bunch of
no-hopers.) You'd think they'd welcome the opportunity of a different
perspective, but that's the last thing they seem to want. Why is that?
Why do you regard yourself as the guardian of bull****. Test it. Ask
a question. The more you get to know about something the more
questions there are to be answered. So ask your plate Tectonic gurus
for there 'secret question'. No doubt they have many,..but one will
do. See if you have any better luck than me.

I've asked them politely enough many, many times. That was where I
came in, ..as an ingenue. And you know what? None of them,
...nobody, ..not one, ..*ever* replies.. You only ever get these
denizens rising like spectres from the swamp, with their mouths full
of slime drivelling ****. True. I'm not joking. Why do you think
that is? Why are they afraid, ..to let their ignorance show? That's
why. Because the 'secret questions' they have are the ones that used
to have answers for them - before they thought about them - the ones
that everybody else 'knows' the answer to and they're afraid of looking
foolish.

That's why you'll get no answer, no matter how polite you are. And
incidentally, you'll get called a troll into the bargain, and told to
get back to the forest where you belong.

Kermit