Whatever happened to ...

Old May 10th 19, 11:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

Default Whatever happened to ...

So, whatever happened to the hole in the Ozone Layer, the bane of the 70s,
which was supposed to kill the majority of life on Earth with skin cancer??
Well, we did banned certain air conditioning gasses, the gasses in spray
cans, and the talking heads kept harping that the hole, despite out
concerted efforts to control it growth, was getting larger by the day and
would encompass most of the Southern Hemisphere before the end of the
decade. It proved to be utter bull****. The hole shrank pretty much to its
original size and the green weenies rejoiced and proclaimed victory, due to
their concerted efforts at mitigation. The real Scientists, those with
degrees and years of research experience on the subject, chalked it up to to
just another cyclic excursion of Mother Nature, restoring balance to the
system.
Then came the 80s and the new battle cry was "The next ice-age is coming".
Learned scholars with degrees in basket weaving proclaimed a replay of the
last ice-age and the near extinction of all living things, flora and fauna,
in the Northern Hemisphere. Apparently the Southern Hemisphere was not
affected, since it is never mentioned, which strikes me as rather odd. The
world wide temperature held fairly steady for the remainder of the decade
and the doomsday morons retreated to regroup and lick their wounds.
Then Al "massage with happy ending" Gore came to their rescue with a new
version of extreme cranial flatulence, called Climate change. The guy, whose
claim to fame was that he was the sidekick of Bubba "The Molester" Clinton,
cobbled together a book about the coming world crisis of Global Warming and
how only Carbon Credit purchases could save the World from drying up, but
only if all purchases went through his company, especially created to save
the World, use the proceeds to curtail Mother Natures warming trend, which
had been a slow and steady trend since the end of the past ice-age, with
dips and peaks here and there, and to make him a multimillionaire, enabling
him to cruise the World in his private jet and molest masseuses to his
heart's content, much to the chagrin of "Tipper", his neglected spouse. He
even helped invent the "Hockey Stick" which has long since debunked as a
fiction of the imagination of the mentally deranged. The culprit of all
this is CO2, a gas emitted by the burning of fossil fuels, helped along by
belching volcanoes and thousands of "smokers", found along the colliding
edges of tectonic plates.
The primary man made culprit of the CO2 are the around 1 billion cars and
trucks roaming the Earth, many of which have no exhaust gas cleaning
controls. Secondly are the many jet liners and private jets/planes, which
the World's politicians use quite extensively to preach the anti CO2 gospel,
as they see it. Thirdly, there are the thousands of fossil fuel power
plants, all of which emit copious amounts of CO2. Lastly, there is Mother
Nature itself, which used to take care of excessive underbrush and dead tree
stand by igniting the via lightning, thus burning the old and dead and
paving the way for new growths. Aborigine wall paintings depict massive
fires in Northern Australia, as well as the rejuvenation and new plant
growth of the same landscape.
Fire requires Oxygen to start and maintain combustion. 200 years ago, when
the World population was around 1 billion and the mechanical devices which
required Oxygen for successful combustion had not been invented, the World
was in a happy equilibrium. All flora "inhaled" CO2 and exhaled Oxygen.
All fauna "inhaled" Oxygen and exhaled CO2. That balance had existed for a
few million years. Then along came a billion cars, tens of thousands of jet
or piston engine propelled air planes and thousands of fossil fuel power
plants. Suddenly it became difficult to breathe at the 12,000 foot elevation
and Oxygen masks were required for pilots flying above 10.000 feet. To the
rescue came a new infusion of CO2, which stimulates new plant growth and
bolsters the existing plants, inducing them to emit more Oxygen to satisfy
the newly created demand by modern technology. However, the Liberal Loons
of the Global Warming hype blame the excess of new CO2 for a rise in
temperature, which long since has been debunked by educated and subject
trained scientists, but a myth perpetuated by deadbeats likw Al "there's a
fire twixt me loins" Gore and this equally demented Inconvenient Truth
hanger-ons. There is a phenomenon in physics called "Hysteresis", which is a
reluctance to change when forces acting upon a body are changed. The same
holds true for the increases CO2 absorption by flora. Mother Nature is a
slow and reluctant Mother, but all the new CO2 will eventually be absorbed
as soon as Nature can create new growth for it and can assure that it was
not just a spike of a few decades.
The Earth's Oxygen levels certainly could use the infusion, as long as the
talking heads insist on flying their personal jets and taking Limos to go to
lunch.
On the other hand, perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea if Mother Nature
arranged for the World population to drop back down to about 2 billion.
After all, we haven't been the most responsible Stewarts of our planet.

Old May 10th 19, 11:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Friday, May 10, 2019 at 3:04:06 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:

So, whatever happened to the hole in the Ozone Layer, the bane of the 70s,
which was supposed to kill the majority of life on Earth with skin cancer??
Well, we did banned certain air conditioning gasses, the gasses in spray
cans, and the talking heads kept harping that the hole, despite out
concerted efforts to control it growth, was getting larger by the day and
would encompass most of the Southern Hemisphere before the end of the
decade. It proved to be utter bull****.

Well, no, it did not turn out to be utter bull**** at all. If you think it is, well, provide some actual evidence to support your position... but then, it seems to me that you always have a problem providing evidence.

Here's what just a little bit of research can teach you, providing that you are capable of learning and willing to do so...

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...-it-180957775/

"... Scientists estimate that if the [1987] Montreal Protocol had never been implemented, the hole would have grown by 40 percent by 2013. Instead, the hole is expected to completely heal by 2050."

https://www.epa.gov/ozone-layer-prot...te-ozone-layer

"Atmospheric levels of ozone-depleting substances rapidly increased before the implementation of the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer and its subsequent revisions and amendments. However, the atmospheric levels of nearly all these substances have declined substantially in the past two decades."

Here is a source that is still somewhat gloomy, from researchers at Yale...

https://e360.yale.edu/features/thirt...emains-elusive

"Alarm bells are ringing about dozens of other short-lived, potentially ozone-destroying chlorine compounds accumulating in the atmosphere as a result of fast-rising global manufacturing."
Old May 11th 19, 06:55 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

*** Palsing, Mother Nature will take care of the Ozone Hole. But you may
continue to wring your clammy hands and wipe your sweaty brows.
I suppose you also believe everything the IPCC publishes ...

Old May 11th 19, 07:06 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Friday, May 10, 2019 at 10:55:30 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:
"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

So, as usual, you have no evidence to support your tenuous position. Just as I predicted. You've got nothing but bluster, and you aren't very good at that, either...
Old May 11th 19, 06:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

*** and once again. you are too lazy to read what I wrote about
"hysteresis", or you are too stupid to comprehend it ... I think it is both.
Climate is dynamic. So is the Sun (as in sun spot activity). Between the
two, there are changes that are perceived by morons like yourself as an
immediate crisis, when in fact it is Nature itself that opposes any sudden
changes and only grudgingly follows said changes. This may take a decade,
but in the end the laws of physics prevail and everything returns to normal.
But you hand wringers prefer to make a dire emergency out of everything.
And no, Palsing, I don't have to prove anything to you. The crap you post to
counter my posts is far worse the what you accuse my posts to be. To wit,
the End of the World has been predicted since time immemorial and for a
thousand different reasons .... yet we are still here.

Old May 11th 19, 11:23 PM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

I am neither lazy nor stupid, and you have yet to refute any evidence that I have offered, and have offered zero evidence to support your own claims, and what you 'think' is irrelevant.

No, you certainly do not have to prove anything to me, but in not doing so you only make yourself look incapable of defending your position. Of course, you ARE incapable of defending your position and are just another uneducated climate denier.

Without evidence, you have no argument.
Old May 12th 19, 12:50 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"palsing" wrote in message

[...]

*** Let me just clarify this: the sources I quote all have a degree in
Climatology or something weather related, whereas the obscure crapola you
dregee up from the bottom of your barrel of wisdom and second rate
politicians, or like Pachauri, who had to resign from the IPCC in disgrace
for sexual improprieties and who now even distanced himself from the
assertion of vanishing glaciers. Yet another Global Warming bull**** story
debunked.
Tell me, what happened to the sea levels rising ?? the disappearing islands
??? the lowlands being flooded ??? We are still here and thriving. But I
have faith that you will find some hacks to refute this.

Old May 12th 19, 05:32 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 4:50:40 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:

*** Let me just clarify this: the sources I quote all have a degree in
Climatology or something weather related,

No, that is an outright lie. Virtually every so-called 'expert' that you have referenced is NOT a climatologist, but rather something else entirely.

Humlum, for example, is a geologist.

Sanjeev Sabhlok is a freaking blogger.

I could go on and on, and none of them are actual climatologists. Go ahead, list your experts and I will blow them out of the water.

Nevertheless, you have consistently failed to supply any evidence for your weak arguments and I suspect that this is not likely th=o change in the future.

Without evidence, you've got nothing.

Old May 12th 19, 06:48 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Hägar

"palsing" wrote in message

On Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 4:50:40 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:

*** Let me just clarify this: the sources I quote all have a degree in
Climatology or something weather related,

No, that is an outright lie. Virtually every so-called 'expert' that you
have referenced is NOT a climatologist, but rather something else entirely.

Humlum, for example, is a geologist.

Sanjeev Sabhlok is a freaking blogger.

*** he may be a blogger, but he lives in the part of the world that you cry
babies have predicted to be free of glaciers by now ... missed it again,
didn't you. The Polar Icecap was back almost to normal last winter ... the
Ozone Hole DéjÃ* Vu ...

I could go on and on, and none of them are actual climatologists. Go ahead,
list your experts and I will blow them out of the water.

*** I have better things to do than engage in a battle of wits with an
unarmed man. You provide a list of Islands that have submerged, coastal
communities that had to be evacuated, post a picture of a snow free Mt.
Kilimanjaro ... and no, Palsing, ice fields calving off the Antarctic are
not a sign of Global Warming, but a ritual that began long, long ago and is
Mother Nature's way of diluting the salinity of the world's oceans.

Nevertheless, you have consistently failed to supply any evidence for your
weak arguments and I suspect that this is not likely th=o change in the
future.

Without evidence, you've got nothing.

*** Well, we're even, then.

Old May 12th 19, 07:10 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

On Saturday, May 11, 2019 at 10:48:28 PM UTC-7, Hägar wrote:

*** I have better things to do than engage in a battle of wits with an
unarmed man.

Yeah, you have made this claim before, but it is a statement without teeth since you have shown over and over again that you cannot support any claim that you have made. It is you, after all, who seems to be unarmed.

Has this ever happened? Joseph Nebus History 1 December 28th 13 04:40 PM
what happened to Forehead[_5_] Misc 11 December 9th 13 10:25 PM
What would have happened if ? chatnoir Astronomy Misc 0 November 1st 06 01:51 PM
what happened in here? http://peaceinspace.com Misc 3 April 2nd 06 04:59 PM
what happened in here? http://peaceinspace.com Misc 2 April 2nd 06 04:52 PM