Bye-bye Moon program, hello ISS to 2020

Old January 29th 10, 05:33 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
eatfastnoodle

Default Bye-bye Moon program, hello ISS to 2020

On Jan 28, 6:51*pm, Damien Valentine wrote:
On Jan 27, 4:56*pm, Pat Flannery wrote:

Ares-1, Ares-V, Constellation - all dead:http://www.latimes.com/news/nation-a...-budget27-2010...
Possibly a heavy lift booster at some future point.
But ISS will be manned till 2020 instead of 2015.

Have we got any official confirmation for this? *For all we know, the
"LA Times" just interviewed a couple of janitors and called them
"anonymous".

Incidentally, since at least half the people on this newsgroup hated
the Constellation program in the first place...shouldn't we consider
this a good thing?

It's on NY Times too, and NY Times said it came from an
administration official. And it will be officially released next
Monday. I don't think it's junk news since it's pretty standard for
new policies to be intentionally released to the news media if only to
gauge public and congressional reaction.