Notice: SST Moderators

Old June 15th 09, 05:20 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Derek Lyons

Default Notice: SST Moderators

"Alan Erskine" wrote:

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message
"Alan Erskine" wrote:

We're in good shape then - as the posts will merely be delayed, not
blocked from getting through.

No. That's blocked by any measure; until a moderator can be bothered to
'feed' them to the group readers.

If you insist on so mangling the term, sure.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

http://derekl1963.livejournal.com/

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old June 15th 09, 12:12 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message

If you insist on so mangling the term, sure.

Well, I meant it in the litteral sense - if there's no moderators, the posts
simply don't get through. The group's doomed to fail.

Oh, somebody asked "where's Mary", but that question hasn't been answered by
the other two mods yet.

Old June 15th 09, 02:55 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Derek Lyons

"Alan Erskine" wrote:

"Derek Lyons" wrote in message

If you insist on so mangling the term, sure.

Well, I meant it in the litteral sense - if there's no moderators, the posts
simply don't get through. The group's doomed to fail.

Which, as I said, doesn't represent this situation at all - as there
*are* moderators. A temporary outage/slowdown isn't the same thing as
no moderators.

D.

Old June 21st 09, 03:44 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:
Derek and I will not be as available for the next week or so as usual. I
will literally be in a hole in the ground most of the week.

Another one of those little contamination issues at Wildfire, I assume?
;-)

Pat

Funny you should mention that. A VERY real problem cavers are facing (and
it's impacting our choice of training sites for the cave rescue training I
do) is something called White Nose Syndrome. We're seeing in some cases 90%
or higher mortality rates in colonies. No one knows if the white nose is
the cause or a result of something. It's pretty bad.

So last week I was in Indiana doing cave rescue training. On Thursday we
doing a series of "mini-mock" rescues (short 15-45 minute scenarios inside
the school building we were in.)

During one, to make things a bit more complicated for the students, we
suddenly "discovered" a new problem. "Ferno Syndrome" (aka furnose syndrome
:-).

This particular syndrome apparently attacks and melts the orange plastic
used in Ferno and Sked litters, melting it and vaporizing it; thus causing
students to have to come up with another route to the patent for evac.

Unfortunately, the first evac team brought their litter in through the
"Ferno Syndrome" area and promptly "melted" their litter. They didn't make
that mistake twice. :-)

Oh and yes, cavers do know a certain body part from a whole in the ground.
:-)

--
Greg Moore
Ask me about lily, an RPI based CMC.

Old June 21st 09, 04:48 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Pat Flannery

Greg D. Moore (Strider) wrote:

Funny you should mention that. A VERY real problem cavers are facing
(and it's impacting our choice of training sites for the cave rescue
training I do) is something called White Nose Syndrome. We're seeing
in some cases 90% or higher mortality rates in colonies. No one
knows if the white nose is the cause or a result of something. It's
pretty bad.

"WHITE NOSE SYNDROME?"
I'm white, I have a nose, I'm scared ****less at the moment.

We're seeing in some cases 90% or higher mortality rates in colonies.

_What_ colonies? We have cave colonies I never heard of?
From now on, I take Alex Jones' "Prison Planet" God-damned seriously.
****, this is Zeta Reticulan Reptile/Dero territory!

So last week I was in Indiana doing cave rescue training.

First you get that God-damned Dero "Stim" off of them! It's no advantage
to have a permanent erection if you are under the control of an alien
race! Hell, man, reach around the back of your neck and see if there's a
bump there where they drilled the control capsule into your cerebellum
like in "Invaders From Mars"!
I'd hate to have to send the Marines to kill you, but that may become
necessary if you can't dig it out yourself.
****!
First OM and Scott Lowther come down with cat brain parasites, now you
are under threat of incipient control of something that lives in a cave.
I'm starting to feel like "The Omega Man" around here. :-D

Pat

Old June 21st 09, 08:34 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message

"WHITE NOSE SYNDROME?"
I'm white, I have a nose, I'm scared ****less at the moment.

We're seeing in some cases 90% or higher mortality rates in colonies.

All I can say for this post Pat, thanks. :-)