Meade ETX or PC powered equivalent

Old November 3rd 04, 09:52 PM
  ¤ Bluetooth ¤

Default Meade ETX or PC powered equivalent

Hi, I'm looking for a good value Meade ETX telescope with pc control.

Can you advise best price 1st or 2nd hand ?

email :

thanks

Old November 4th 04, 12:24 PM
Mike Murphy

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 21:52:33 -0000, "**¤ Bluetooth ¤"
wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for a good value Meade ETX telescope with pc control.
Can you advise best price 1st or 2nd hand ?
thanks

Well, bluetooth, the cheapest new ETX to be had in the UK is, I
believe, obtainable when you join either the SPA or the BAA and so
qualify for 10% discount from the retailers that participate in that
scheme.

Several of the main UK telecope retailers also have second hand or
reconditioned equipment lists and there are two recognised web based
second hand sources.

As for price, I always reckon that anything reasonably up to date sold
second hand is usually worth bewteen half to two-thirds of its current
new price, assuming that it is in full working order. There are,
however, exceptions to this rule and the huge disparity in prices for
astro gear between various countries often makes this rule invalid.

- Mike
Old November 4th 04, 02:44 PM
Steve

I am thnking of selling my ETX125 UHTC with tripod and all the usual stuff

Old November 4th 04, 05:34 PM
M13

"**¤ Bluetooth ¤" wrote in message ...
Hi, I'm looking for a good value Meade ETX telescope with pc control.

Can you advise best price 1st or 2nd hand ?

For second hand pricing, go he
http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/search_archive.php
and do a search on "ETX". You will see many ETX models with asking price history.

Regards,
Paul
--
www.astrobuysell.com/uk