Pres. Kerry's NASA

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 7th 04, 03:34 PM
Terrell Miller

Default OT: JFK books (was Pres. Kerry's NASA)

"Eric Chomko" wrote in message

But they never provd Oswald fired a shot due to the lack of powder burns.
And the match to Oswald's gun was done days later after several vollyes
back and forth between Dallas and DC with the evidence. The screwups smack
big-time of a coverup.

"coverup" "conspiracy". I would be the first to agree that there was a
coverup of lots of things by the FBI, Secret Service, etc. But what they
were covering was only their own asses for failing to protect POTUS,
especially since the guy who did it was someone that the FBI had been
keeping tabs on. That's the kind of thing that makes a government official
crap his pants, so everybody was busy pointing fingers and trying to pretend
they didn't make any mistakes.

That is orders of magnitude different than saying that JFK was murdered by a
conspiracy, however. CTers never seem to understand the difference, mainly
because none of them seem to have any common sense.

: On the same token Oswald said to Dohrenschildt (who would up
: dead supposedly of suicide before testifying to the HSCA back in
: 78) that he liked Kennedy and his politics.

: He liked Kennedy's politics so much he tried to start a Fair Play
: for Cuba chapter in New Orleans.

That whole ting was a charade. Didn't you see the film JFK where Oswald's
literature had Bannister's address stamped on it? An anti Castro operation
tolerating Oswald renting a room in their building?!?!? Sheep-dipping!

Eric, if you're basing your opinions on that movie you are truly beyond
help. Stone readily admitted that he wasn't interested in presenting an
objective analysis of the case, he was just mythologizing it. IOW, he wasn't
making a documentary, he was making a *drama*.

Put it this way: Kevin Costner crying and making an impassioned speech to
the jury about th eloss of his country or whatever is much more gripping and
"good theater" than Costner reading off a long list of facts about the case.
That's all Stone cared about, was the melodrama.

: Eric, there were plenty of people there. People *do* have memories.
: Appendix XI of the WCR reproduces various reports of Oswald's
: interrogation.

But no one felt that it should be written down. Why?

sigh now you're just being argumentative for the hell of it. We've
patiently explained all this to you several times in this thread. If you
need attention this badly, why don't you go down to your local bar and chat
up the waitress or something?

: What makes you think that my scepticism got tossed? Because I
: didn't come to the same conclusions you did?

No, because you haven't shown the ability to look at things objectively.
That appears to be a symptom of those that believe in the LNT.

irony meter offscale high here

: "It can't happen
: here" is at the root of your belief that Kennedy was killed by a
: lone nut.

: And how, pray tell, could you possibly know that?

Is the US capable of having a coup on its soil?

capable, sure. Compelling evidence this has ever happened, nope.

: : I treat official pronouncements from the US government with
: : great scepticism *regardless* of the conclusions drawn.
:
: You seem to give the WC findings a pass in this case.

: Really, why does it seem that way? Because I don't reject their
: findings out of hand?

No, because you don't question them.

part of the scientific method is to always querstion your assumptions and
conclusions. That, however, is very different from *rejecting* them just
because you don't like what they say.

So for the LNT/WCR/yadda, of course you should question the conclusion that
Oswald acted alone. And as I've repeatedly stated, there are lots of little
details that the WC muffed. But the hypothesis has not been falsified (in
the scientific meaning of the term, i.e. proven to be inaccurate), so we
must continue to accept it as valid.

: Penn Jones spent half a lifetime putting together a list of
: starnge deaths in the case.

: None of which are strange, many of which are "in the case" only by
: the most tenuous of connections, and one which might not even be a
: death.

Who is on Jones' list that isn't dead?

At least one: Karen "Little Lynn" Carlin, one of Ruby's strippers, who also
went under the name Teresa Nichols. Marrs included both names on his list,
though they were in fact the same person. Carlin testified to the WC *after*
the supposed date of her death (for which there are no records), and in 1992
someone claiming to be Carlin got in touch with Gary Shaw, though there was
no way to corroborate that person's identity).

--
Terrell Miller

"It's one thing to burn down the **** house and another thing entirely to
install plumbing"