Minor planet circular back issues

Old March 17th 04, 12:32 AM
Axel Harvey

Default Minor planet circular back issues

How can I see a Minor Planet Electronic Circular which contains the
discovery circumstances of a particular body? I am looking for first
sighting information about 1998 SY12. I can only find recent numbers
online.

If someone has the paper version with this information (discovery was
reported 20 September 1998), could he or she get in touch with me at
the above address?
Old March 17th 04, 01:16 AM

Axel Harvey writes:

How can I see a Minor Planet Electronic Circular which contains the
discovery circumstances of a particular body? I am looking for first
sighting information about 1998 SY12. I can only find recent numbers
online.

If someone has the paper version with this information (discovery was
reported 20 September 1998), could he or she get in touch with me at
the above address?

The Minor Planet Electronic Circulars aren't issued for main-belt
asteroids. They are issued for unusual objects such as near-Earth
objects and trans-Neptunians.

Discovery circumstances are part of the archive maintained by NASA's
Planetary Data System Small Bodies Node. You can find information
on (23884) Karenharvey at http://www.psi.edu/pds/archive/discover.html