Congratulations to S. Carlip

Old April 30th 08, 02:54 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Melroy

Default Congratulations to S. Carlip

Although it is late, I think Prof. Carlip deserves a congratulations
for winning
the first prize in the 2007 gravity research foundation essay contest.
See
http://arxiv.org/abs/0705.3024

I have learnt a lot of GR from his posts on usenet and he deserves our
kudos
for that also.
Old April 30th 08, 06:11 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Androcles[_8_]

This message is brought to you by Androcles
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

"Melroy" wrote in message
| Although it is late, I think Prof. Carlip deserves a congratulations
| for winning
| the first prize in the 2007 gravity research foundation essay contest.
| See
| http://arxiv.org/abs/0705.3024
|
| I have learnt a lot of GR from his posts on usenet and he deserves our
| kudos
| for that also.

Congratulations on being a trained ape.

Old April 30th 08, 06:32 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Thomas Heger

"Melroy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Although it is late, I think Prof. Carlip deserves a congratulations
for winning
the first prize in the 2007 gravity research foundation essay contest.
See
http://arxiv.org/abs/0705.3024

I have learnt a lot of GR from his posts on usenet and he deserves our
kudos
for that also.

I don't think it's possible to have quantum-gravity and I guess it's not
usefull to try this. If you perform a Wick rotation on curvature of
spacetime, you get thermodynamics, what is the quantum equivalent to gravity
within the realm of quantum-physics. But to research geometric relations
with a theory that does not provide geometric relations is not recommended.
GR is the appropriate tool for relations while QM is the tool for fields and
objects.

TH

Old April 30th 08, 09:41 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro
Cosmik de Bris

On Thu, 1 May 2008 05:32:56 +1200, Thomas Heger wrote
(in article ):

[...]

A simple "congratulations from me too" would suffice.