ASTRO: Deep Holmes with halo for George

Old October 30th 07, 01:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Deep Holmes with halo for George

If 100 seconds of data is deep. I fought clouds all night hoping to
make a movie but it wasn't to be. One frame though was in clear skies.
So I processed it deep down to the noise to bring out the halo. Seems
that is gas as it has the typical green color. This is one pretty
comet. I reduced it 50% mainly as there's no detail at that level to be
seen anyway.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=10x10", RGB=1x10", STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P17HOLMES102907LUM10X10SEC50R.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1392
Old October 30th 07, 10:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message
If 100 seconds of data is deep. I fought clouds all night hoping to
make a movie but it wasn't to be. One frame though was in clear skies.
So I processed it deep down to the noise to bring out the halo. Seems
that is gas as it has the typical green color. This is one pretty
comet. I reduced it 50% mainly as there's no detail at that level to be
seen anyway.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=10x10", RGB=1x10", STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick

That's gorgeous, Rick. Thanks for sharing that one.

George

Old October 31st 07, 06:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Yep, the halo is nice green in your image, like it should be. It is not
bright enough to show "real" colour in my images.

Stefan

Old November 1st 07, 12:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"Rick Johnson" wrote

Even a color-blind fellow like myself can see the green it this one Rick!

After the 'high scruff' cloud cleared out last night my friend Lew H and I
had some great views of Holmes from my front yard using my 20x80's and his
C-5i. The nucleus was visible in the 20x80's and of course easy in the C-5
using a 16mm Nagler. The outer envelope was easier to see in the binocs
because of the wider field. I was going to take out one of my larger scopes
but the cloud discouraged me. The skunk who showed up just about moonrise
also discouraged us!

George N

ASTRO: Holmes J McBride Astro Pictures 1 October 28th 07 09:45 AM
ASTRO: Holmes on 10/25/07 23:30 UT George Normandin[_1_] Astro Pictures 2 October 28th 07 09:42 AM
ASTRO: Holmes in Halpha Richard Crisp[_1_] Astro Pictures 2 October 28th 07 09:24 AM
ASTRO: Holmes II J McBride Astro Pictures 2 October 25th 07 06:48 AM
No astro tonight but a nice Moon halo Pete Lawrence Amateur Astronomy 1 February 12th 06 12:07 PM