ASTRO: NGC5033

Old April 14th 07, 07:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Richard Crisp[_1_]

Default ASTRO: NGC5033

"DvdH" wrote in message
el.net...
depending on the season i shoot wathever crosses my telescope, so that
includes the galaxy's in this season.
What i like about galaxy's is the fact that when watching galaxy's you
look outside our own galaxy, into the deep so to say..
Nebula's are in most cases to faint for my very light polluted area.

if you've not tried nebulae with an Halpha filter you may be surprised. The
San Francisco Bay area is about 7-10 million people and that's where I shoot
my color emission line images. at the best my skies are mag 3.5

for me the galaxies are much more difficult because I have to use a
broadband filter instead of narrow. Granted my exposure times are long, but
that's just a tracking issue

reg
Dirk
--
Dirk van den Herik

A journey of thousand lightyears
starts with the first step.
"Richard Crisp" wrote in message
. net...
well the funny thing to me Dirk is that normally there'd be about zero
chance that I would have shot that galaxy. I hardly ever shoot galaxies
and the ones I have shot are terrible typically.

but by sheer accident I had shot that one and it is actually one of my
better galaxy shots, even though it isn't all that good.

"DvdH" wrote in message
bel.net...
Richard, This is a very beautifull version of this galaxy! thx (how
could i forget you ;-).
Btw i invite all other people here to image this galaxy and share it
with us..

reg
Dirk

--
Dirk van den Herik

A journey of thousand lightyears
starts with the first step.
"Richard Crisp" wrote in message
news I'm not Rick, Stefan or George but I have imaged it before using my
AP180EDT and the CM10

http://www.narrowbandimaging.com/ngc..._cm10_page.htm

I rarely image galaxies but this is the time of year that I do :-)

"DvdH" wrote in message
el.net...
NGC 5033, again one of those galaxy's that don't fit on my chip..
Rick?
Stefan? did one of you ever picture this one? or george?

21 x 120 sec.
No filter and no guiding.
10"SCT
Homebuild CCD camera.
Stacked in MaximDL
Processed in CS2

reg
Dirk

Old April 15th 07, 03:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"DvdH" wrote
NGC 5033, again one of those galaxy's that don't fit on my chip.. Rick?
Stefan? did one of you ever picture this one? or george?

Dirk,

I don't have it. I'll have to add it to my targets list. There are some
other interesting galaxies in the area too, like Holmberg VIII, an
irregular!

Nice image!!

George N