JSC in a day ... what I really MUST see

Old March 19th 04, 12:29 AM
Jorge R. Frank

(stmx3) wrote in
om:

(Stuf4) wrote in message

Technically, it's *neither* El Camino nor El Dorado (since El Camino
doesn't go south of "NASA Rd1"). The road at the Outpost Tavern is
called "Egret Bay Blvd".

Yeah, realized that right after hitting send, didn't feel like correcting
it. It may not be technically correct, but at least you can see the Outpost
from the intersection of NASA Parkway and El Camino. You won't find it at
all if you look for the intersection of NASA Road 1 and El Dorado. :-)

Other astronaut hangouts are Boondoggle's and Molly's. Both have a
better beer selection than the Outpost, and Boondoggle's has much
better food. But the Outpost has the history, which is what this
newsgroup's all about.

If you do Molly's, get there around quitting time. If you don't see
any astronauts (which you will on a Friday), you'll definitely see MOD
folks out there.

Yeah, you can tell them by the badges stuffed in their shirt pockets, plus
they're the ones always talking shop. :-)

Also, there's an Italian Restaurant diagonally from the Outpost, on
NASA Rd 1 and El Camino, in a dumpy little strip mall. I can't
remember the name of it, but I've seen several astronauts there on
occasion having dinner.

That's Frenchie's. Funny name for an Italian restaurant, but hey. Frenchie
also owns Villa Capri further east on NASA Parkway, which is a favored
location for crews to throw their post-landing parties.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.
Old March 19th 04, 05:20 AM
Pat Flannery

Jorge R. Frank wrote:

That's Frenchie's. Funny name for an Italian restaurant, but hey. Frenchie
also owns Villa Capri further east on NASA Parkway, which is a favored
location for crews to throw their post-landing parties.

San Francisco had a Ginsberg's Dublin pub- their insignia was Moshe
Dayan with a shamrock on his eye patch.

Pat

Old March 19th 04, 06:00 AM
Stuf4

From stmx3:
If you do Molly's, get there around quitting time. If you don't see
any astronauts (which you will on a Friday), you'll definitely see MOD
folks out there.

Also, there's an Italian Restaurant diagonally from the Outpost, on
NASA Rd 1 and El Camino, in a dumpy little strip mall. I can't
remember the name of it, but I've seen several astronauts there on
occasion having dinner.

That would be "Frenchie's". The owner is Italian. Go figure.

Frenchie's has an outstanding collection of memorabilia on their
walls. Perhaps the best of all restaurants (non-Outpost/Pe-Te's
dancing-type food establishments) in the Clear Lake area.

~ CT