"Nazis Run Our Space Program" -- Peace Activist Bruce Gag-Me

Old March 4th 05, 06:03 PM
Eric Chomko

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:05:08 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
: Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
: such a way as to indicate that:

: Marion Morrison wore one in the movie "The Green Berets", as you point out.
: Of course, this guy wore one also:
: http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9710/17/cuba.che/che.large.jpg
: You have to admit that Che had the revolutionary look nailed 100%;

: Yes, to the point that it's become chic for clueless college kids to
: worship a brutal thug that they know nothing about.

I guess it depends on which side of the revolution you're on.
These are the same kids that buy gangsta rap records at 10 million copies
a clip. Made folks like '50 Cent' worth a little more than that.

Eric
Old March 4th 05, 06:13 PM
Eric Chomko

Pat Flannery ) wrote:

: Rand Simberg wrote:

: Yes, to the point that it's become chic for clueless college kids to
: worship a brutal thug that they know nothing about.
:
:

: He looked better that Fidel any day of the week; Fidel just looked
: frumpy- he even tried the Che beret, but he just looked like he should
: be reciting beat poetry in a Greenwich Village coffee house:
: http://galizacig.org/imxact/2004/08/...tro_ruz320.jpg
: There have been only a few bloodthirsty people who ever knew how to
: dress well- here's another one...this outfit just oozes "African
: Despot": http://us-africa.tripod.com/mobutu.jpg
: Very few people can make leopard fur work for them, Mobuto was one;
: Jacqueline Kennedy was another.
: No matter what Idi Amin wore, he still looked like he should be standing
: by the front door of the Kampala Hilton, doffing his hat to the arriving
: guests: http://www.rnw.nl/informarn/assets/images/Idi-Amin.jpg

Didn't Amin once survive an assassination attempt where a gernade hit him
on the head and bounced forward killing his driver and leaving him
unscathed.

: Rand, we need a look that says "you" in no uncertain terms...that
: defines the very essence of your character, as well as your politics and
: overall world view...I'm thinking either this
: http://www.erikssonstunnbrod.se/max/ming.gif
: Or this: http://www.monstrula.de/filme/robotmonster/pic9.jpg :-D

Looks like a villain from "Dr. Who" and one of the villain's evil
henchman.

Eric

: Pat
Old March 4th 05, 06:16 PM
Eric Chomko

Cecil Trotter ) wrote:
: There was also the little issue that they ended up being manufactured
: in China...

: Yeah, sort of like the coffee cup a buddy of mine gave me from his air
: defense unit. The cup has an air defense logo on it with the the moto
: "America's Shield" written under it. On the bottom of the cup, "Made in
: China"

When they start making US service medals in China, then that is the last
straw!

First it was Happy Meal toys from McDonalds and then slowly everything
else.

Eric
Old March 4th 05, 06:17 PM
Eric Chomko

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 22:35:24 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
: Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
: such a way as to indicate that:

: Rand, we need a look that says "you" in no uncertain terms...that
: defines the very essence of your character, as well as your politics and
: overall world view...I'm thinking either this
: http://www.erikssonstunnbrod.se/max/ming.gif
: Or this: http://www.monstrula.de/filme/robotmonster/pic9.jpg :-D

: I and my fashion consultants will give it all the consideration that
: it's due.

Perhaps you should get the latter one on your birthday and then call it
your birthday suit?

Eric
Old March 4th 05, 06:24 PM
Derek Lyons

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

In article ,
Douglas Berry wrote:

Anything is
better than the overseas cap I had to wear when in non-Airborne units
(aka the "**** cap")

Please don't mess with my traditions. I still have mine (several, in
fact) from my Air Force days.

Worse yet is the move to replace the Dixie Cup (AKA crackerjack AKA
sailors hat) with the dammed beret.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old March 4th 05, 06:44 PM
Pat Flannery

Eric Chomko wrote:

Thanks. I believe the point is that despite China's human rights
violations, as we see it, we grant a wavier every single year to allow
them normal trade relations, formerly nation most favored WRT trade. Huh,
I guess THAT really sends the message about our commitment to ending their
communist ways and their human rights violations.

If they were ever to stop imports to the United States, our economy
would collapse overnight; they have driven so many of our domestic
manufactures out of business that we rely on them completely for all
sorts of goods that we simply don't manufacture in the U.S. anymore, nor
have the ability to quickly restart the manufacture of.
They've got us by the balls, and our hearts and minds will follow.
Or as Lenin put it; "You may count upon the capitalist to sell you the
rope you're going to hang him with."
The Russians are probably still banging their heads on the wall for not
having figured this out; they opposed us ideologically, and
militarily... when all they had to do to beat us was to buy us.

Pat

Old March 4th 05, 07:13 PM
D Schneider

Pat Flannery wrote:
The C-Cap served no useful purpose other than to gather lint and
dandruff.

Which otherwise would have fallen in the food.

On the other hand, you don't need a hatrack when you go indoors.

/dps

Old March 4th 05, 07:16 PM
D Schneider

Rand Simberg wrote:
Or this: http://www.monstrula.de/filme/robotmonster/pic9.jpg :-D

I and my fashion consultants will give it all the consideration that
it's due.

Looks like an early attempt at space suit insulation.

/dps

Old March 4th 05, 07:26 PM
Pat Flannery

Eric Chomko wrote:

I guess it depends on which side of the revolution you're on.
These are the same kids that buy gangsta rap records at 10 million copies
a clip. Made folks like '50 Cent' worth a little more than that.

Meanwhile back at the Fashion Secret Police:
Kim Jong-Il:
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/di...g_il_smile.jpg
This look says: "No more yanky my wanky; the Donger wants food!" in no
uncertain terms.
Pol Pot: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afbeelding:Polpot.jpg
Seen it before, heard it befo "I have just returned from Hong Kong,
home of the shiny green suit. You have any naked pictures of Walter
Brennan, Earl?"
Mao Tse Tung: http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/...20Tse-Tung.jpg
"Someday, I'll run all of China; someday I'll have enough money to
afford both starch and ironing....and padded shoulders...yes... and
padded shoulders."
Ah...success of a sort:
http://www.laeditorialvirtual.com.ar...plaudiendo.jpg
"I try to lose weight, but it all goes straight to my shoulders."
Moammar Ghadafi...interesting- two distinct looks he
The "I am the illegitimate son of Juan Peron" look:
http://finewhyfine.typepad.com/fine_...dafi-thumb.jpg
And this...on Jackie it would have been pink; on Jackie it just might
have worked:
http://www.eramuslim.com/ezimagecata...66-200x600.jpg
:-)

Pat