A Polling Place (m.s.a.a.)

Old February 19th 08, 03:09 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin R. Howell[_4_]

Default A Polling Place (m.s.a.a.)

"A Polling Place," located at Moderated sci.astro.amateur in the category
"And Then There's This," presently has 15 active polls. They a

Usenet S.A.A. -- Is it officially dead?

Spousal Participation -- How often does your better half share the
eyepiece with you?

What if a life extinguishing asteroid or comet were headed for Earth?
Hypothetical: One is headed our way and WILL impact our planet in x number
of months. Should humankind be told?

Average Amateur Astronomer's Age -- How old are you?

Free pc planetarium usage -- Which one are you using?

How dark is it? -- What is the Zenith Limiting Magnitude at your home?

Aurora borealis sightings -- Have you observed the aurora borealis from
your town? What is your latitude?

The Messier Marathon -- Have you run The Messier Marathon and if so, how
did you place?

Cloudy Nights vs. Astromart -- Which do you prefer?

Politics and telescopes -- I am a _________ and my main telescope is a
__________.

The cost of amateur astronomy -- About how much money do you have
invested in amateur astronomy?

Enough already -- Have you ever felt like walking away from amateur
astronomy?

Naked eye observing -- How much of it do you do and how satisfying do you
find it?

Weigh in -- If you could only observe one of the following for a year, it
would be:

Motivation -- 10 straight clear and moonless nights. . .on how many will
you do some observing?

Got some spare time? Check out the current results at:
www.moderatedsciastroamateur.org

--
Martin R. Howell

Old February 19th 08, 06:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Margo Schulter

Martin R. Howell wrote:

Usenet S.A.A. -- Is it officially dead?

Hello, Martin, and welcome to s.a.a.

Actually, I'd say that fact that you are posting here
would be one indicator that we have a viable forum still,
and the kind of friendly support that people including
myself are finding here is another.

Of course, the variety of astronomy forums available
both on Usenet and the Internet is a strength, and I
hope that all of these forums will help to promote
our common interest and encourage participants who
seek to get or share advice, celebrate some new
observation, or compare notes in a friendly fashion.

Most appreciatively,

Margo Schulter

How do you haul your 'stuff' from place to place? TBerk Amateur Astronomy 24 January 7th 08 05:40 PM
A Polling Place (Moderated sci.astro.amateur update) [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 11 June 25th 07 01:41 AM
The world is a much better place now... Art Deco Misc 0 March 23rd 06 04:05 AM
Best place to by globes P UK Astronomy 2 February 3rd 04 07:33 AM
Inital polling data on public reponse to moon mars proposal GMW Policy 0 January 13th 04 03:28 AM