Software for Producing an Astro Calendar?

Old January 1st 07, 08:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
W. Watson

Default Software for Producing an Astro Calendar?

Is there any software that, in addition to holidays, produces info about at
least new/full moons? I'd like to produce a 12 page calendar for 2007 with
photos on the back side of each of the 12 months. I did a quick check of my
old Adobe Elements 2 and found that it at least has some calendar
capabilities, and allows the selection of holidays. It would be good to have
info like dates for meteor showers, and such.

"Has it occurred to you that the lust for certainty
might be a sin?" -- Archbishop of York, cited in
the book "Chances Are" by Kaplan & Kaplan
--
Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews

Old January 1st 07, 09:06 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RMOLLISE

Rat Cheer:

http://www.nightcal.co.uk

I don't believe it does holidays, but it does ever'ting else.

Old January 1st 07, 09:29 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Florian[_3_]

Wayne, you might find the calendars here useful. Especially the custom calendars...

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/

..Florian

Old January 1st 07, 10:35 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
W. Watson

Florian wrote:

Wayne, you might find the calendars here useful. Especially the custom
calendars...

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/

.Florian

Thanks. I'll take a look. I've barely used my Photoshop Album (Elements 2)
since I bought. I thought I'd take a shot at it. It's not bad, but, of
course, has no astro options. It does account for holidays, and allows one
to enter comments on any date. It also allows pix on dates. It could work
out. One problem. At this point, I set the holiday preferences, and added
some text to a few dates in January, but the finaly calendar shows none of
that. I guess this will give me something else do between commercial breaks
in the Rose Bowl game.

Old January 2nd 07, 11:55 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
SkySea

An oldie but goldie is Astronomy lab for Windows 1.14 (that's Windows
3.1!!). Here's one download site:
http://www.mgsoft.com/edu2.htm#Astrolink

Pull down "Reports", "Calendar", and put in your dates. Cool things
are, it needs no installation routine, it's fast, simple, and once
it's unzipped (690kB), you can copy it around your folder structure
without worries about registry entries.

"W. Watson" wrote:
Is there any software that, in addition to holidays, produces info about at
least new/full moons? I'd like to produce a 12 page calendar for 2007 with
photos on the back side of each of the 12 months. I did a quick check of my
old Adobe Elements 2 and found that it at least has some calendar
capabilities, and allows the selection of holidays. It would be good to have
info like dates for meteor showers, and such.

"Has it occurred to you that the lust for certainty
might be a sin?" -- Archbishop of York, cited in
the book "Chances Are" by Kaplan & Kaplan

=============
- Dale Gombert (SkySea at aol.com)
122.38W, 47.58N, W. Seattle, WA
http://flavorj.com/~skysea
Old January 3rd 07, 01:21 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
W. Watson

SkySea wrote:
Windows what? :-)

Actually, a more suitable approach for my purposes might be a general
calendar program that I can put info on like meteor showers, club dates,
conferences, etc. I explored Photoshop Album 2, but no cigars there. One
could build a *view* calendar (like a timeline) with holidays, pictures on
dates, etc., but could not utilize it with an actual printable calendar.
Once could produce a 12-13 page calendar with their own photos adoring the
top half of the page. However, no holidays and the like. Very strange. I
looked at MS Outlook Express, and I'm not even sure it would print a monthly
calendar. Possibly, http://www.spectrumsoftware.com/ezphotocalendar.htm
might work in my case. Output goes to a pdf file, which is good.