ORION the big solution

Old November 20th 04, 07:52 AM
Azt28

Earl Colby Pottinger :

Supercomputer? What supercomputer? There never were any supercomputers in
existance at the time of the first H-bombs.

There was some "supercomputers" for the days... Even if they was using tube
valves and had less power than a today pocket calculator. They ouperformed by
far anything that could be done by hand. To have a look at the computation
done, look the ArXiv server from Cornell and serarch astro-ph for supernovae
simulations. They are the same codes with few adjustments.

Yvan Bozzonetti.
Old November 20th 04, 07:52 AM
Azt28

Then stop sitting around and do it.

Earl Colby Pottinger

I am interested in cold polarized 3He for brain scanning at very high
resolution (not living brain to be sure) with MRI technology. Fusion would be a
byproduct using a similar technology. You are interested in fusion so do it or
more exactly participate in the project. For example on the financial
management side.

Yvan Bozzonetti.
Old November 20th 04, 07:52 AM
Azt28

Why? Why not just store it as a gas? You need to heat it up in any fusion
device you plan to test. Otherwise stick a flask of He3 inside a insulated
storage container that you keep cold using regular liquid helium. Why this
desire to spend big bucks for things you don't need?

Earl Colby Pottinger

And the liquid 4He comes from?
If you have to do experiments going on for some months, cooling your helium is
cheaper than buying LHe two time a week.

Yvan Bozzonetti.
Old November 20th 04, 07:52 AM
Azt28

From Earl Colby Pottinger :

Well make up your mind, first you implied steady thrust.

The ORION concept uses a set of explosions, with a shock absorber it becomes
more or less steady.
And since when has
explosive items not been of military interest?

Military want more than explosion, they need continuous readiness, a sturdy
compact system, weight no larger than they missile capacity...
Using superfluid helium for example is unworkable on a missile.

As for cheap, I did not see the promise of cheap fission power
stopping research on wind, solar, geothermal power so why fusion. You claims
don't match how the real wold has been operating.

Note that your example are exploited now, when fission is no more a cheap
solution. They was not worked out in the fifties.

Now it is different, but you can't start a new nuclear fusion program from
the blue. You need first a pressur group and so on...

Since when? There are high school kids doing fusion experiments today. Heck
at the start of the cold fusion flap I considered trying my hand at it. And
I still would like to type some exploding wire experiments. No-one is
stopping you but yourself.

Get involved! Manage the fusion side of the project.

Even if it can be done privately, there is the proliferation problem. Solve
it and something could be done.

What proliferation problem? You clearly said in your earlyier messages that
this system was not studied beause it did not have military uses. No
military uses no proliferation problem.

Take for example the readiness problem: You can't maintain the sytem ready to
go for years, you need to start the item 24 h in advance... This is of no use
for a military force. Now look at the terrorist or rogue state viewpoint: They
use a first strike strategy, they chose the day, they do it in secrecy, they
don't use a missile, they build the system in a rented flat in New-York or
London,... The constrains are not the same.

Yvan Bozzonetti.

Old November 20th 04, 07:52 AM
Azt28

Earl Colby Pottinger :

In the real world you can appoach people with a paper concept. The paper are
called engineering plans. You however seem to think people should be
impressed with a bunch of buzz-words.

Ok, You have more pactice with this that me. Get involved, do that job and
you'll get a part. You may be the financial manager of a private fusion
research. Give it a try.

What a nice information free claim, South-East France is a big place.
Implied with the where is, what is the name of the place, it's exact
location, what does it do, who did you build it for. I mean for all we know
your technical facility could be an advance tiolet. Nothing wrong with build
it, but it says nothing about your knowledge of fusion systems.

I don't want to give too much personnal information on a NG, If ou are
interested in such a project, I'll give more informations, with site map and
pictures. I have a lot of text about ORION in french, if ou read it or want an
automatic translation it can be done for someone interested to take a part in
the project.

Yvan Bozzonetti.

Old November 20th 04, 05:31 PM
Earl Colby Pottinger

(Azt28) :

Earl Colby Pottinger :

In the real world you can appoach people with a paper concept. The paper
are called engineering plans. You however seem to think people should be
impressed with a bunch of buzz-words.

Ok, You have more pactice with this that me. Get involved, do that job and
you'll get a part. You may be the financial manager of a private fusion
research. Give it a try.

Sorry, I don't support con jobs. To date you have give zero useful
information to show that you know what you are doing, but lots of buzz words
to impress the rubes. I have my own business that I work on ie Printer
Repair for hire, H2O2 Rockets which while I have not updated my website for
two years I am still doing. Unlike you that work I have done so far can be
and has been duplicated be others without me making grand claims.

What a nice information free claim, South-East France is a big place.
Implied with the where is, what is the name of the place, it's exact
location, what does it do, who did you build it for. I mean for all we
know your technical facility could be an advance tiolet. Nothing
wrong with building it, but it says nothing about your knowledge of
fusion systems.

I don't want to give too much personnal information on a NG, If ou are
interested in such a project, I'll give more informations, with site map

and
pictures. I have a lot of text about ORION in french, if ou read it or want
an automatic translation it can be done for someone interested to take
a part in the project.

I noticed that you still could not give just a name and location in the above.

Yvan Bozzonetti.

In other words you don't mind coming to a public news group and making all
sorts of claims, but you don't want to be examined too closely in that same
public group. Then why post here? I am sorry, you may not like it, but more
and more you sound like a con artist, big claims with nothing to back it is a
clear mark of one.

There is a chance I am wrong, but I know which way to bet

Earl Colby Pottinger

PS. I have the original Orion File after editting in PDF file, in English.
Please don't try to snow-job me.

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to
Old November 20th 04, 05:31 PM
Earl Colby Pottinger

(Azt28) :

From Earl Colby Pottinger :

Well make up your mind, first you implied steady thrust.

The ORION concept uses a set of explosions, with a shock absorber it

becomes
more or less steady.

I know that, but that is NOT what your original write-up implied about your
fusion system. And if you meant otherwise then it was a very poor writeup
indeed.

And since when has
explosive items not been of military interest?

Military want more than explosion, they need continuous readiness, a sturdy
compact system, weight no larger than they missile capacity...
Using superfluid helium for example is unworkable on a missile.

Says who? The military wants what works period - and you can't fuse
superfluid helium so that does not matter.

As for cheap, I did not see the promise of cheap fission power
stopping research on wind, solar, geothermal power so why fusion.
Your claims don't match how the real wold has been operating.

Note that your example are exploited now, when fission is no more a cheap
solution. They was not worked out in the fifties.

Again says who. Is your head buried in the sand? All of those energy
systems were being studied in the 50's, if you think otherwise you never did
any checking of facts, but i am starting to believe this is normal for you.

Now it is different, but you can't start a new nuclear fusion program
from the blue. You need first a pressur group and so on...

Since when? There are high school kids doing fusion experiments today.
Heck at the start of the cold fusion flap I considered trying my hand at

it.
And I still would like to try some exploding wire experiments. No-one is
stopping you but yourself.

Get involved! Manage the fusion side of the project.

Why should I do your work for you? It is clear that you spend your time
sitting on your ass complaining that no-one will do the work for you. Get
off your ass and get involved - do the work yourself if it is a easy as you
have claimed.

Even if it can be done privately, there is the proliferation problem.
Solve it and something could be done.

What proliferation problem? You clearly said in your earlyier messages
that this system was not studied beause it did not have military uses.
No military uses no proliferation problem.

Take for example the readiness problem: You can't maintain the sytem ready
to go for years, you need to start the item 24 h in advance... This is of

no
use for a military force. Now look at the terrorist or rogue state

viewpoint:
They use a first strike strategy, they chose the day, they do it in

secrecy, they
don't use a missile, they build the system in a rented flat in New-York or
London,... The constrains are not the same.

Garbage, Garbage, and Garbage -

One: A fusion system that takes 24 hours to startup but is going to run a
Orion craft in bang-bang mode! The two statements are in conflict,

Two: Military systems can be ran at full power stand-by if needed. Bombs
don't need missiles to be of use.

Three: If it could cause as much damage as you imply, it does not matter
about the other so-called limitations it would still be studied by them.

Your con/delusion is starting to unravel badly, a fusion system will not have
so many conflicting design limits while having the capacities that you also
claim for it. There is no way that any one with an working brain will give
you any support unless they are part of the con too.

Earl Colby Pottinger