ORION the big solution

Old November 19th 04, 10:44 AM
Azt28

"Carey Sublette" :

There has been more than a bench demonstration, this system is a
modernized
version of the first Soviet thermonuclear device build by the Sakarov
team.

Evidence?

You own site tells (or told at some time) about that reaction for the first
soviet H-bomb. If I recall well, you told even that the soviet team had done it
without the supercomputer used to model the Ulam's compression scheme.

Yvan Bozzonetti.

Old November 19th 04, 10:44 AM
Azt28

Damon Hill :

Where does one gets
He3 and He4 anyway? I thought those isotopes were extremely
rare?

4He is ordinary helium, used to inflate meteorological balloons for example.
3He is another matter.You have to work with an university to get it.

Yvan Bozzonetti.
Old November 19th 04, 10:44 AM
Azt28

Earl Colby Pottinger :

Cheap power is military power!

Even if it is as big as a house for the smallest design most large military
ships could use it for unlimited travel range. Most countries would use it
to extend the life of thier oil reserves. Most countries want cheap power to
drive thier economics so the country can produce more wealth, thus more
taxes, thus more money for the military.

Recall: This is an explosive process, not a controled reaction. The only
experiment was half a century ago, when fission was said to be an energy source
too cheap to meter. So why to bother with mastering another process?

Now it is different, but you can't start a new nuclear fusion program from the
blue. You need first a pressur group and so on...

Even if it can be done privately, there is the proliferation problem. Solve it
and something could be done.

Yvan Bozzonetti.
Old November 19th 04, 10:44 AM
Azt28

From Earl Colby Pottinger :

Then you are either wrong about the costs or you really don't have a design
to look at. Pocket money for many people is in the millions and for many
companies in the billions. Why not appoach them?

In the real world, you don't ask for millions without something more than a
paper concept. You must have a proven track and particularly a facility able to
do what you tell you will do.

On the practical side, I build a technical facility for similar projects.

Where?

In South-East France.

Yvan Bozzonetti.
Old November 19th 04, 10:44 AM
Azt28

Earl Colby Pottinger :

Well, fusion is not my first objective. It could be a later byproduct.

No fusion, no-one will care!

Have you seen that from the terrorism side?
My objective is may be 80% in common with fusion, I don't want to open the last
20%. Are you ready to turn yourself the last key?

Yvan Bozzonetti.
Old November 19th 04, 10:44 AM
Azt28

Earl Colby Pottinger :

I don't think it was humor. The way to wrote it up there seemed to be not
reason why a bench demo could not done.

It could indeed be given a trial.

Yvan Bozzonetti.
Old November 19th 04, 10:44 AM
Azt28

Earl Colby Pottinger :

Why not just buy a flask of it for a lot less.

Earl Colby Pottinger

3He is very costly, it is not in the LN2 price range! you have to keep it cool.

Old November 19th 04, 04:48 PM
Earl Colby Pottinger

(Azt28) :

Earl Colby Pottinger :

Cheap power is military power!
Even if it is as big as a house for the smallest design most large military
ships could use it for unlimited travel range. Most countries would use it
to extend the life of thier oil reserves. Most countries want cheap power
to drive thier economics so the country can produce more wealth, thus
more taxes, thus more money for the military.

Recall: This is an explosive process, not a controled reaction. The only
experiment was half a century ago, when fission was said to be an energy
source too cheap to meter. So why to bother with mastering another process?

Well make up your mind, first you implied steady thrust. And since when has
explosive items not been of military interest? Boy do I smell a rat here or
what? As for cheap, I did not see the promise of cheap fission power
stopping research on wind, solar, geothermal power so why fusion. You claims
don't match how the real wold has been operating.

Now it is different, but you can't start a new nuclear fusion program from
the blue. You need first a pressur group and so on...

Since when? There are high school kids doing fusion experiments today. Heck
at the start of the cold fusion flap I considered trying my hand at it. And
I still would like to type some exploding wire experiments. No-one is
stopping you but yourself. Pressure group sounds like you want to feed off
the public purse to me. Boy, do I smell a con.

Even if it can be done privately, there is the proliferation problem. Solve
it and something could be done.

What proliferation problem? You clearly said in your earlyier messages that
this system was not studied beause it did not have military uses. No
military uses no proliferation problem. Make up your mind, your story about
why it is not being worked on changes with every post you make.

Yvan Bozzonetti.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to
Old November 19th 04, 04:48 PM
Earl Colby Pottinger

(Azt28) :

From Earl Colby Pottinger :
Then you are either wrong about the costs or you really don't have a design
to look at. Pocket money for many people is in the millions and for many
companies in the billions. Why not appoach them?

In the real world, you don't ask for millions without something more than a
paper concept. You must have a proven track and particularly a facility
able to do what you tell you will do.

In the real world you can appoach people with a paper concept. The paper are
called engineering plans. You however seem to think people should be
impressed with a bunch of buzz-words. What you have written so far is a
bunch of meaningless gobby-gook. Sorry that is how con-artists work.

On the practical side, I build a technical facility for similar projects.

Where?

In South-East France.

What a nice information free claim, South-East France is a big place.
Implied with the where is, what is the name of the place, it's exact
location, what does it do, who did you build it for. I mean for all we know
your technical facility could be an advance tiolet. Nothing wrong with build
it, but it says nothing about your knowledge of fusion systems.

Yvan Bozzonetti.

Earl Colby Pottinger