Mars Rover

Old February 21st 04, 07:23 PM
RetroProphet

Default Mars Rover

Bart, telecom satellites IN ORBIT
are being used every second of every day.

For some bizarre reason, you doubt this.
But, you have never presented one fact to
convince anyone. I think this is because
you do not have one fact. Nothing. Just
pure faith in your belief. Like a religion.

If some fact convinced you that telecom sats
are not a reality, but rather that an alternative
method is really being used, please share it
with us.

Without any facts, what you believe is exactly
the sort of ungrounded "religion" that you
accuse those who believe in space travel of
being believers in.

Ironic, isn't it?

Believing that "All telecom services are
provided from sub-orbital airplanes" is
a wonderful hypothesis -- if you can back
it up with facts.

And they also use "asteroids IN ORBIT" for GPS.
It reflects the radiosignal as you probably know!

You probably also know that TV-radiosignals are reflected
on the ionosphere...(ask mister Marconi)

Why would you uses "artificial satellites",
if you can uses "natural satellites",
like the moon (in orbit) and asteroids (in orbit)...

I asked you to provide factual evidence supporting
your claim that there are no telecom satellites in orbit.
You did not do this. No surprise; you can't.

How about finding operations manuals that make reference
to signals bouncing off anything other than manmade satellites
in orbit. Something tangible. The evidence of the industry
I'm suggesting is all over the web. A lot of people work in it.
Why do you have no proof of the industry that you are describing?
Where are the people who work in your industry?

Provide tangible evidence of the industry you claim exists.

You have faith, but no facts.
You are a religious zealot.

Otherwise it is just a religious chant.

Are you a scientist? Or a priest?

I am a scientist! And you? A priest, a prophet or
a retroprophet?

You are making me laugh.
You continue to make an ass of yourself.

If you are a scientist, tell me what evidence would
convince you that you are wrong about orbital flight
being a reality.

If you cannot answer this question, you are not
honestly seeking an answer, and so cannot be
a scientist.

You have declined to answer this question before.
Will you answer it now, priest?

Old February 21st 04, 11:03 PM
Douglas Berry

Lo, many moons past, on 21 Feb 2004 10:08:17 -0800, a stranger called
by some (bart janssens) came forth and
told this tale in alt.atheism

Asteroids? Are you seriously saying there are thousands of asteroids
in stable, useful orbits? Care to give altitudes and orbital tracks?

ISS is one of those big visible asteroids,
You can find the data about the altitude and the orbital tracks...
at "www.heavens-above.com"...

OK, explain:

1. Why the ISS does not appear on older charts of objects in Earth
orbit.

2. Why ground photographs taken at different times clearly show it
getting larger, with new features.

3. Not a single skywatcher through history, from the Chinese
astronomers to Galileo to Charles Tombaugh fail to mention this
"asteroid" that is clearly visible to the naked eye.

Look at this:
http://www.heavenscape.com/iss.gif

http://www.heavenscape.com/ is a great program that allows you to spot
satellites. I've watched dozens. There are thousands of users, and
so far none of them have said "Hey, it's only rocks!"

Those ROCKS are Extra-Terrestrial...
so they call them "ROCK-ET-S"

LOL!

Definition:

1. [n] a jet engine containing its own propellant and driven by
reaction propulsion
2. [n] any vehicle propelled by a rocket engine
3. [n] sends a firework display high into the sky
4. [n] propels bright light high in the sky, or used to propel a
lifesaving line or harpoon
5. [n] erect European annual often grown as a salad crop to be
harvested when young and tender
6. [v] propel with a rocket
7. [v] shoot up abruptly

Synonyms: arugula, Eruca sativa, Eruca vesicaria
sativa, garden rocket, rocket engine, rocket salad, roquette,
skyrocket, skyrocket, skyrocket

See Also: arise, booster, booster rocket,
booster unit, come up, Eruca, firework, genus Eruca, go up, herb,
herbaceous plant, impel, jet engine, lift, missile, move up,
multistage rocket, nuclear rocket, propel, pyrotechnics, research
rocket, retrorocket, rise, rocket, space rocket, takeoff booster,
takeoff rocket, test instrument vehicle, test rocket, thruster,
uprise, vehicle, visual signal

Webster's 1913 Dictionary

Definition:
2.

\Rock"et\, n. [It. rocchetta, fr. rocca a distaff, of
German origin. Named from the resemblance in shape to a
distaff. See {Rock} a distaff.]
1. An artificial firework consisting of a cylindrical case of
paper or metal filled with a composition of combustible
ingredients, as niter, charcoal, and sulphur, and fastened
to a guiding stick. The rocket is projected through the
air by the force arising from the expansion of the gases
liberated by combustion of the composition. Rockets are
used as projectiles for various purposes, for signals, and
also for pyrotechnic display.

Care to explain orbital weather photography?

Computer-animation (it is even mentioned on the TV-screen)

So, when the first weather sat was launched in 1966, what software did
they use to model real-time weather? What monitor resolution? Where
was this done?

You? A scientist? In what?

In Physics. And you?

Planetary Astronomy. Where'd you get your degree?
--

Douglas Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail
Atheist #2147, Atheist Vet #5

Ezekiel 13:20 "Wherefore thus saith the
Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows"

Old February 22nd 04, 05:53 AM
angelicusrex

"bart janssens"

From high airplanes with special lenses...

So your ATM information is being bounced off of AWACs planes traveling so
high in the atmospehere there is no longer any air? Does the word
"air-plane" mean anything to you?

Without air, a plane cannot fly. Now unless you have proof that our
atmosphere extends past the Van Allen Belt I would think that you are just
some flat-earther crack-pot.

So you're saying the U.S. Government can build stealth fighters and AWACs
planes with sophisticated computers, jet engines, radar, cameras, but cannot
put a satellite into space? And all the Apollo and Mercury and Shuttle
photos are all just some lame attempt by Nasa to make us believe we went to
outer space? Well my friend if this is your assertion you need a
psychiatrist, not a Newsgroup.

Once can easily trace the history of rocket science from the Chinese to the
huge leaps of rocketry made during WWII. Apparently Physics is NOT your
field. I'm sorry but your weird little joke has worn pretty thin.

What the f*ck is "spirit on mars?"

Saint

Old February 22nd 04, 06:06 AM
Ben Eenhoorn

bart janssens wrote:

Would you swear in a court that the Shuttle disappeared
"behind the horizon", when you saw a launch of a Shuttle?

This guy has you hook line and sinker. Add him to your kill-file and be
done with it.