Mars Rover

Old February 20th 04, 10:59 PM
Douglas Berry

Default Mars Rover

Lo, many moons past, on 20 Feb 2004 08:02:01 -0800, a stranger called
by some (bart janssens) came forth and
told this tale in alt.atheism

RetroProphet wrote in message ...
Bart, telecom satellites IN ORBIT
are being used every second of every day.

snip

Believing that "All telecom services are
provided from sub-orbital airplanes" is
a wonderful hypothesis -- if you can back
it up with facts.

And they also use "asteroids IN ORBIT" for GPS.
It reflects the radiosignal as you probably know!

No, we use GPS satellites. The send out coded signals, which are
recieved by the unit in your car or hand, and the computer correlates
data.

You probably also know that TV-radiosignals are reflected
on the ionosphere...(ask mister Marconi)

ROTFLMAO! I used to listen to Mexican radio stations at night.
*Only* at night, because solar interference tore the signal up.
Storms did the same thing.

Reliable signal bounces off the ionsphere are fantasy.

Why would you uses "artificial satellites",
if you can uses "natural satellites",
like the moon (in orbit) and asteroids (in orbit)...

Stop! You're killing me man!

The Moon is a quarter of a million miles away, and that causes a
pretty good signal delay. Telecom satelittles are either in
geosynchronus orbit, or in low-earth orbit.

Asteroids? Are you seriously saying there are thousands of asteroids
in stable, useful orbits? Care to give altitudes and orbital tracks?

Look at this:
http://www.heavenscape.com/iss.gif

http://www.heavenscape.com/ is a great program that allows you to spot
satellites. I've watched dozens. There are thousands of users, and
so far none of them have said "Hey, it's only rocks!"

Care to explain orbital weather photography?

Otherwise it is just a religious chant.

Are you a scientist? Or a priest?

I am a scientist! And you? A priest, a prophet or a retroprophet?

You? A scientist? In what?

--

Douglas Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail
Atheist #2147, Atheist Vet #5

Ezekiel 13:20 "Wherefore thus saith the
Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows"

Old February 21st 04, 06:51 AM
angelicusrex

How about this one...Ever hear of SATELLITE PICTURES? How do they get all
those photos of the earth from a distance? From AWACS planes? OR orbiting
asteroids?

Why are you guys even dealing with these trolls? I believe in God, spirit,
reincarnation and ghosts! But I also still believe in rocket science and
satellites! For cripes sakes!

Saint

Old February 21st 04, 06:08 PM
bart janssens

Asteroids? Are you seriously saying there are thousands of asteroids
in stable, useful orbits? Care to give altitudes and orbital tracks?

ISS is one of those big visible asteroids,
You can find the data about the altitude and the orbital tracks...
at "www.heavens-above.com"...

Look at this: http://www.heavenscape.com/iss.gif

http://www.heavenscape.com/ is a great program that allows you to spot
satellites. I've watched dozens. There are thousands of users, and
so far none of them have said "Hey, it's only rocks!"

Those ROCKS are Extra-Terrestrial...
so they call them "ROCK-ET-S"

Care to explain orbital weather photography?

Computer-animation (it is even mentioned on the TV-screen)

Otherwise it is just a religious chant.

Are you a scientist? Or a priest?

I am a scientist! And you? A priest, a prophet or a retroprophet?

You? A scientist? In what?

In Physics. And you?

Old February 21st 04, 06:15 PM
bart janssens

"angelicusrex" wrote in message ...
How about this one...Ever hear of SATELLITE PICTURES? How do they get all
those photos of the earth from a distance? From AWACS planes? OR orbiting
asteroids?

From high airplanes with special lenses...

Why are you guys even dealing with these trolls? I believe in God, spirit,
reincarnation and ghosts! But I also still believe in rocket science and
satellites! For cripes sakes!

Saint

So you also "believe" in "spirit on mars"?