kill all the stupid people

Old October 24th 07, 07:30 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rowland McDonnell

Default kill all the stupid people

Fred J. McCall wrote:

BoredToTears wrote:

:O"Angelocracy.com"
:
: Since mankind obviously cannot control itself enough to make
: strides for the future, the populace spins into an out of control
: state of reverse Darwinism where the stupid people survive and the
: smart people perish.
:
:Someone needs to do some remedial reading on the Theory of Evolution.

And apparently that someone is you.

Evolution is what has given us our current state of mental capacity.
Mankind has never controlled itself - and yet we have never hit the
state you predict, in all the hundreds of thousands of years that our
species has been evolving and getting better.

That simple reality check is enough to demonstrate that the proposed
model is nonsense. A good joke, yes - but also nonsense.

If you think mankind cannot control itself enough for the future - well,
we live in a world where nation-destroying bombs exist by the thousand
and are controlled by many different nations, many of which have been
involved in dozens of wars since the USA dropped the only two nukes ever
used in warfare.

And since then, the human race has created institutions and mechanisms
and taken a huge amount of care to make sure that these weapons don't
ever get used again. Of course, plenty of people in the USA like the
idea of using more nuclear weapons and keep trying to persuade the US
government to use 'em again, not to mention working to undermine the
nuclear non-proliferation act by supporting the spread of nuclear
weapons to non-nuke nations (but only if they're the right sort - India
can have nukes, but Iran's not allowed; is it any wonder that the Middle
East refers to the USA as the `Great Satan'?) and developing new nuclear
weapons rather than reducing their number as required by treaty.

Rowland.

--
Remove the animal for email address:
Sorry - the spam got to me
Old October 24th 07, 07:30 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
%

"cal" wrote in message

On 10/24/07 1:28 PM, in article ,

"Ivan
Marsh" wrote:

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:55:07 -0400, cal wrote:

On 10/24/07 5:15 AM, in article
,
"Angelocracy.com"
wrote:

First off, charity should be outlawed. No longer should people

be
allowed to use their children as a source of income. People who

cannot
afford to have kids simply should not have kids. Unemployment

benefits
also must be disbanded - go get a job. That isn't to say those

with
disabilities should not be helped, but not with handouts, just a

hand.

get this kid a copy of the ayn rand amnibus.

Yep... it's always nice to hear complete crap like this coming from
someone who's never had to support themselves or a family... A quick

cure
to his ignorance, make him start paying rent.

...and he evidently doesn't know that the employee as well as the

employer

pays for unemployment insurance. I assume he's talking about

welfare...
and if it wasn't for welfare I would have been living on the streets

in my
teens... and I've only been unemployed for three months in the last
twenty-five years.

Anyone who thinks like this should be blessed with the gift of

unrelenting
hard times.

well, he's evidently just a high-school kid. we aren't born knowing

these
things. the point with stuff like this isn't to shut it down, a

reaction far
more stupid and outrageous than anything he said, but to debate with

it
pedagogically. and to be prepared for the kid to score points.

42

Old October 24th 07, 07:52 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
slunky

_/ Rowland McDonnell wrote \_
Rowland.

I'm disappointed. You only said USA four times in that post.

--
-slunky
Old October 24th 07, 08:36 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rowland McDonnell

cal wrote:

wrote:

[snip]

It was a big hit. The shut us down immediately and confiscated the
mimeograph machine, and threatened everybody with jail time, which was
not wholly unreasonable considering some of the satire in that thing.

constitutional free speech guarantees are all very well, but the real
craftsmen know that authority can always be pushed to the point where it
will take action to shut you the **** up.

Curiously, the authorities in countries such as the UK don't seem able
to do that sort of thing even when they have been pushed that far. Not
having consitutional guaranteed free speech seems to result in more
freedom of speech. Either that, or our government has learnt a thing or
two over the centuries about how far one can safely push the
population[1].

Read about the Spycatcher affair, for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spycatcher

The author died a wealthy man, with no suspicion of foul play over his
death at a decent age.

You need a repressive government that disregards human rights before
you're in a position to `just shut people up' - as they do in China and,
so it seems, in the USA. Well, the USA is a young nation - it might
learn about liberty one of these centuries. Not so much hope for China,
I suspect.

Rowland.

[1] One of those lessons - `Poll tax = riots and low income' - was
disregarded by the Tories under Mrs T.; they got riots and low income,
so had to drop that one. Rioting alone wouldn't have done it; it was
the lack of income that was the real problem.

Old October 24th 07, 08:36 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rowland McDonnell

cal wrote:

[snip]

there's no reason to suppose that the smart/stupid ratio has changed at any
time in history. we've always bumbled along much the same way. one thing
about the stupid, they tend to be robust. as a population, they seem to be
better at survival and to do it more enthusiastically.

Oh no they don't. One might be ill-educated and ignorant, but that's
not the same as stupid. The stupid die off first. Really. Brains are
always pro-survival - provided you've got practical brains, that is.
Philosophers are no good; engineers or soldiers are a different matter.

I suspect that you mean *poor* people rather than stupid people. Lack
of money does not equate to lack of brains. The people in (for example)
London with the best survival skills are those who live on the streets -
they have to be the best, or they'd be dead. Those who manage to live
on the streets of (say) Moscow have to be even brighter and better at
it.

[snip]

the problem with standardized intelligence tests is that there isn't anyone
intelligent enough to devise and administer them properly. maybe we should
get stephen hawking to zap everyone he thinks is a dummy with space rays. he
seems like a bright fellow.

That would leave about 40 people alive on the planet.

Rowland.

Old October 24th 07, 08:36 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rowland McDonnell

BradGuth wrote:

On Oct 24, 9:55 am, cal wrote:

there's no reason to suppose that the smart/stupid ratio has changed at any
time in history. we've always bumbled along much the same way. one thing
about the stupid, they tend to be robust. as a population, they seem to be
better at survival and to do it more enthusiastically. their extermination,
were it possible, could spell doom for the human race.

Before we learned how to commercially and/or faith-base pillage,
plunder and rape our own kind and the environment at the same time as
we lie our infomercial spewing butts off, humans used to be a whole
lot nicer and really smart at surviving in spite of their having to
live in caves, or worse.

If such a golden age ever existed, it was gone by the neolithic period.

There is no evidence of any significant fraction of the human population
ever living in caves. There just aren't enough caves to go round, and
in any case caves were mostly used for big scary predators which humans
have tended to avoid because they're bloody hard to kill and very good
at killing.

Cave art in Europe is in sacred caves that were almost all not used for
living - and those few where there is evidence of human occupation have
that evidence in the parts of the cave that could get daylight. No room
for many people at all.

Rowland.

Old October 24th 07, 08:36 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rowland McDonnell

Lachlan wrote:

[snip]

Remove the word "stupid" and I'll sign up ;o)

Even if you're first against the wall?

Rowland.

Old October 24th 07, 08:41 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
Rowland McDonnell

cal wrote:

"BradGuth" wrote:

cal wrote:

there's no reason to suppose that the smart/stupid ratio has changed at any
time in history. we've always bumbled along much the same way. one thing
about the stupid, they tend to be robust. as a population, they seem to be
better at survival and to do it more enthusiastically. their extermination,
were it possible, could spell doom for the human race.

Before we learned how to commercially and/or faith-base pillage,
plunder and rape our own kind and the environment at the same time as
we lie our infomercial spewing butts off, humans used to be a whole
lot nicer and really smart at surviving in spite of their having to
live in caves, or worse.

as we get increasingly dumb, we survive longer and in far greater numbers.

You have data to back up this claim?

Rowland.

Old October 24th 07, 09:09 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
kT

cal wrote:
On 10/24/07 10:14 AM, in article , "kT"
wrote:

Jester's mummy wrote:
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 02:15:38 -0700, "Angelocracy.com"
wrote:

(((*http://angelocracy.blogspot.com/
(((*
(((* ANOTHER 'MODEST PROPOSAL
(((*The text below is a copy of a column that was in a high school
(((*newspaper. After the school principal read the column, he confiscated
(((*all copies of the paper. Then had the teacher in charge of the
(((*newspaper removed.
(((*
(((* Another 'modest proposal' by Justin Jones
(((* Published on: 10/23/07
(((*
(((* For a millennium, the world has been plagued with stupid people
(((*corrupting society and *******izing the value of life for all of
(((*mankind.
(((*
(((* The intellectually handicapped have been reproducing at a
(((*substantially greater rate than those with a fully functional brain.
snip...

(((* Second, the government should compile a standardized test to
(((*thoroughly analyze any and all 5th grade students in the country for
(((*IQ levels. Based on the results of the test, those who perform in the
(((*bottom 25 percent should be executed. The executions will not be
(((*inhumane; simple lethal injections while one sleeps would be
(((*sufficient. With the bottom of every class systematically removed,
(((*over time the world would inevitably thrive and prosper like never
(((*before.
(((*
(((* It is true that, without the unintelligent, there will be no one
(((*to mess up one's order at the local fast food joint, or people on the
(((*news to give one something humorous to talk about at the water cooler
(((*at work the next morning, but that is a sacrifice, as a race, that
(((*simply must be made.
sarcasm
The kid should be given a failing grade for plagiarizing Jonathan Swift, and
the
teacher deserves to be fired for not spotting the plagiarism.
/sarcasm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Modest_Proposal

Sheesh, what's wrong with the principal, anyway? Doesn't he understand the
whole
point of satire??????????

These are the same people that think that extracurricular sports are
absolutely essential for a good education. We did the same thing back in
the early seventies, but we couldn't get the regular school newspaper to
print any of our satire, so we ran an underground newspaper called :

The Grand Wazoo. (we used Frank Zappa plagiarisms exclusively)

It was a big hit. The shut us down immediately and confiscated the
mimeograph machine, and threatened everybody with jail time, which was
not wholly unreasonable considering some of the satire in that thing.

constitutional free speech guarantees are all very well, but the real
craftsmen know that authority can always be pushed to the point where it
will take action to shut you the **** up.

Seventeen year old kids. You gotta love em.
Old October 24th 07, 09:10 PM posted to alt.support.social-phobia,alt.support.depression,uk.people.support.depression,sci.space.policy
jordy

On Oct 24, 12:55 pm, cal wrote:

get this kid a copy of the ayn rand amnibus.

she was an interesting character... I disagree with virtually
everthing she said(I liked what she had to say about the draft
however), but she was fun to read...

-"Jordy"