CEV = Project Constellation

Old February 1st 04, 01:00 AM
Michael Gallagher

Default CEV = Project Constellation

On 30 Jan 2004 08:37:31 -0800, (ed kyle) wrote:

"Gemini and Apollo crews named their own spacecraft
for each mission". I should have said "some" crews ....

Thank you for correcting the mistake. We will let it go this time,
but if you flub it again, you will pay the penalty: fifty lashes with
a wet noodle.

Old February 1st 04, 01:00 AM
Michael Gallagher

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:28:22 -0600, Brian Thorn
wrote:

If the first [Constellation] Commander is named Decker, run for your life...

What, like you can RUN from a planet eater? Nope, we're doomed.

Ditto if the first guy to command the Moon base is named Koenig.
(Actually, John Koenig was the ninth commander of Moonbase Alpha but
.... never mind.)

Old February 3rd 04, 07:55 PM
Andrew Gray

In article , ed kyle wrote:

In another message, I incorrectly said that:

"Gemini and Apollo crews named their own spacecraft
for each mission". I should have said "some" crews
named their own spacecraft. Gemini 3 was unofficially
"Molly Brown", but the names stopped after that until
Apollo 9,

G4 was "American Eagle", until the naming was kiboshed. They did start
coming up with unique patches around then, as a different angle...

when NASA needed a way to differentiate
between separated Command and Lunar Modules. The
initial "Gumdrop", "Spider", "Snoopy", and "Charlie
Brown" eventually gave way to more formal names like
"Columbia" and "Eagle".

But we lost out on Snowcone and Haystack...

--
-Andrew Gray

Old February 8th 04, 05:37 AM
Yeechang Lee

Greg Kuperberg wrote:
Scorpio - Not bad! Some manned vehicle designs look like a
scorpion

That's been used to, for a series of Gemini-like, two-man spacecraft
in the mid-'60s. In February 1967, an unmanned version landed by
accident in an uncharted south Pacific isle and was subsequently
destroyed to keep it out of enemy hands. See
URL:http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/GuidePageServlet/showid-599/epid-10200/
for more information.

--
Read my Deep Thoughts @ URL:http://www.ylee.org/blog/ PERTH ---- *
21:30:02 up 6 days, 23:40, 12 users, load average: 3.77, 3.65, 3.16

Project Constellation Questions Space Cadet Space Shuttle 128 March 21st 04 01:17 AM
project: HAVE REGION Derek Lewis Technology 0 February 17th 04 06:55 AM
Project GALILEO may Policy 18 October 10th 03 11:47 PM
Heritage Project Celebrates 5 Years of Harvesting The Best Images From Hubble Space Telescope Ron Baalke Science 0 October 2nd 03 04:31 PM
The Little Engineer That Could--Humor Karl Gallagher Policy 0 July 23rd 03 08:13 PM