Precession

Old July 14th 06, 03:28 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

Default Precession

Well just playing withy my 70 year old gyro. It reminded me the Earth
like a spinning top has "precession" Its a wobble about with a period of
25,800 years(read that) Also remember reading this guy Hipparchus way
back in the second century(how did he due that?) gave the degree of
precision necessary to the very slow motion of the stars this wobble
imposes. (Wow clever guy) Double-A kind of got me thinking on motion of
star changes,in our talk on star distances. Reality Newton realized the
Earth acted like my little gyro. Precession is caused by the gravity of
the Sun and the Moon on the equatorial area of our rotating oblate
Earth. Best to keep in mind the orientation(view of the
constellations changes slowly over time,and that's due to precession. I
always found as a kid precession kind of tricky stuff. Watching
my gyro shows me clearly that precession overcomes gravity,for at the
point precession accurse instead of falling over(obeying the pull of
gravity,precession makes the the gyro move in a horizontal circle. In
reality giving it the effect of rotating it about a third axis (a
precession axis). I love my little gyro. It was the best birthday
present I ever got It got me interested in spinning motion,and
gravity. It gave me away of showing how important spin is. with my "Spin
is in theory" Looking up over centuries the wobble of the
Earth shows a shift in the stars(north star has moved) Not the star,but
the motion of the Earth Bert

Old July 15th 06, 06:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_]

The big secret of spinning is it defies the force of gravity that wants
the top to lay flat as when not spinning. Spin=gravity and is the
biggest part of natures balancing act. Reality is it is the heart of my
"Spin is in Theory." Bert

The Earth precession IS NOT DUE TO THE SUN Abel Cavasi Astronomy Misc 0 May 3rd 06 08:52 PM
progressive precession wahid Misc 5 January 31st 06 04:26 PM
Precession question queetzal Technology 2 December 17th 04 11:11 PM
Precession of the equinoxes?? Alan Brown Misc 4 July 12th 04 08:05 AM
is there really a 26000 year period for the precession of the Denis Roegel Research 2 September 25th 03 07:29 PM