Summer in Gresham

Old September 7th 17, 09:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Summer in Gresham

On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 8:54:31 PM UTC-7, Notroll2016 wrote:
"Hägar" wrote in message

"Double-A" wrote in message

snip

http://katu.com/news/local/updated-l...re-evacuations

Double-A

*** your Kenmore Washer/Dryer cardboard box abode may go
up in smoke ...
Aren't you glad that dumpsters are made of steel ... at least
there will be some delicious, re-heated snacks for you ...

***This from one who dwells within a single-wide trailer parked on a pad
next to a sewage lagoon.

A pad? I thought those blocks it is up on were resting on a slippery slope!

Double-A

Old September 8th 17, 09:11 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Overcast and an ideal 72F here in Gresham as of 1:00 PM. Wind westerly at 3 mph. Higher humidity of 61% is beneficial in fighting the fires to the east of here. My home town of Corbett has been evacuated, and the schools have been closed indefinitely. The schools are currently being used as a place for firefighters to live and a base of operations. At least there is no longer so much smoke in the air here, as cooler air moves in from the west. Don't know if they are still going to hold the multi-class reunion they had scheduled for tomorrow. The restaurant is not in the evacuated area, but in an area that is on alert. We will see.

Double-A

Old September 10th 17, 09:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A pleasant 70F here in Gresham under partly cloudy skies. Wind out of the west at 6 mph. Humidity 51%.

Attended the multi-class reunion yesterday for classes from 57 through 67. That makes our class the babies of the group. My gosh! So much white hair! My old friend Jim from years gone by was there, and we spent a long time catching up. A man named Leroy, whose wife the State Legislator died only a few months ago, made a point to say hi to me. I never would have recognized him. The older sister of my childhood friend Billy who fell of a cliff to his death when he was only a boy, was there and said hi. A woman named Sandy greeted me. She was a sister of that Stare Legislator, and a member of a pioneer family in the area, and had worked with my mother at the Vista House gift shop when she was young. Then a woman named Pam asked me if I still played the trombone? Of course I don't. But I was glad to see her. I had wondered what had happened to her and what she would look like today. Truth is, she looked completely different. But I felt some good vibes between us. She said she is still living on the old family farm. Keith, one of the organizers of the event, introduced me to two women who he said were his brother Larry's daughters. Larry lived next door to me in the late 50s, and we were best friends. But he died fairly young of MS. I think I would not have been able to recognize anybody if they had not introduced themselves. So why is it so many could recognize me? Could it be that all that whiskey I have drunk has truly preserved me?

Double-A

Old September 10th 17, 10:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 1:18:37 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

I just checked up on that older sister of my boyhood friend who fell off the cliff, because I had thought she was dead. Her name is Margaret. Find a Grave lists her as having died in 1985, and lists her along with other members of that family. I wonder, do ghosts sometimes attend these reunions?

Double-A

Old September 10th 17, 11:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 2:48:18 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

AA Put it on "You Tube" where ghosts are in.TreBert
Old September 10th 17, 11:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

"Herbert Glazier" wrote:
AA Put it on "You Tube" where ghosts are in to see

http://tinyurl.com/Glazier-the-loud-retarded-pig

Old September 11th 17, 09:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 3:37:24 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

I am going to check with our class president, Mike, since he is her cousin and so should know what is going on.

A nice day here in Gresham. Currently 78F as of 1:00 PM. Sunny and the smoke is so far keeping its distance. Wind NW at 7 mph. Humidity 40%. They reopened the Corbett schools today.

I walked over to Mt. Hood Community College last night. It is currently being used as a shelter for those evacuated from the fire danger areas. I visited the memorial and shrine for the college's first president, Dr. Earl L.. Klapstein 1922-1997. There is a bronze plaque with his likeness on a large boulder that was placed there the year of his death. It shows him complete with the mutton chop sideburns of which he was so proud. Legend has it that he chased all the wolves and bears off the land, and then laid the foundation stone for the large college complex that is there today. I will never forget the night when a friend and I sat in his office drinking our beers with our feet up on his desk! Someone had left the door unlocked. Oh my! He even had a shower behind his office. One can only imagine how handy that might have been!

Double-A

Old September 12th 17, 12:40 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Monday, September 11, 2017 at 1:10:00 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
[...]

Same heat wave here. Staying indoors.Doing anther carving,and almost done with Poka Hontis. TreBert.
Old September 12th 17, 04:59 AM posted to alt.astronomy
hanson

"Herbert Glazier" wrote that "Bert
was almost done with Poka Hontis" and then TreBert wrote:
"Just got email from Afgan.This girl wants me, Bert, to receive
34.5 million in 100 dollar bills so it can end up in USA. She will
give me 40% of this. Is this a scam? I think so. Still for that
kind of money I think I might play along.How say you. TheBert

hanson wrote:
Go for it Bert!.. Why are you even asking.
After all you posted for decades:

"I am a proud Jew with a Superiority complex
& an IQ of 122" & "I know how everything works".
"Being Jewish I know this is so very true" -- Bert
__** "Why am I not loved by all?" --- Bert **__

Do it, Bert. The Girl from Afghanistan WILL love you
and you can Poka her Hontis! ... It's a given.
AND you repatriating such US$, even Trump will love you.

Old September 12th 17, 08:38 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Monday, September 11, 2017 at 4:40:56 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

Indian girl harder to get right.I did her in light brown.Not all that good.Hot even at night.Drove down to Huntington Beach to sleep over night.This is why I love my van.No rain,and typing this at the Senior Center.Its cool. Trebert