Many congrats to the Dorset amateur

Old May 28th 08, 08:01 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Many congrats to the Dorset amateur

Taken from http://space.newscientist.com/articl...stargazer.html
which may well wrap so http://tinyurl.com/3wfgyl

An amateur astronomer has discovered the fastest rotating natural
object known in our Solar System. It's a house-sized space rock that
zoomed past the Earth in April 2008, spinning once every minute.

Were there is much more about it and some links...
Old May 30th 08, 02:39 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
Pd

wrote:

Taken from
http://space.newscientist.com/articl...-spinning-aste
roid-spied-by-amateur-stargazer.html
which may well wrap so http://tinyurl.com/3wfgyl

An amateur astronomer has discovered the fastest rotating natural
object known in our Solar System. It's a house-sized space rock that
zoomed past the Earth in April 2008, spinning once every minute.

Were there is much more about it and some links...

5000 tons of rock less than 3 lunar distances from Earth, travelling 45
km per second, sounds scarily close to me. Of course there's a lot more
rock whirling around at 1 lunar distance, but hopefully that'll stay
that way for the foreseeable future.

--
Pd

Congrats to Pete Lawrence Anthony Ayiomamitis Amateur Astronomy 11 March 19th 07 11:18 PM
Congrats to Pete Lawrence Anthony Ayiomamitis UK Astronomy 10 March 19th 07 11:18 PM
Black drop effect imaged from Dorset, UK!! David Brown UK Astronomy 11 June 9th 04 07:15 PM
Congrats Chris bill UK Astronomy 3 January 5th 04 11:21 PM
Geminids form Dorset, UK (with radio detection audio)! David Brown UK Astronomy 2 December 15th 03 09:37 PM