ASTRO: SH2-187 - sh2-187-f06-lrgb-half.jpg (0/1)

Old October 12th 07, 04:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
[email protected]

Default ASTRO: SH2-187 - sh2-187-f06-lrgb-half.jpg (0/1)

SH2-187 in Cassiopeia
Penryn, California
FS-128 @ f8
ST-2000XM
15 minute subs.
Image down-sampled 0.5x

Sh2-187 is a complex area of gas, molecular clouds and dust.
Multifrequeny studies indicate the HII region is fragmented and still
partially encased in the parental cloud out of which it was born some
200,000 years ago. Only 3 percent of the HII region is optically
visible and is ionized by a BO class star with a magnitude of 0.5. The
molecular cloud covers approximately 1 degree. Numerous IR point
sources are embedded within the complex, one source is most likely an
H2O maser and the remainder are either proto stars or stars. (Joncas,
et.al. 1992)

Old October 12th 07, 06:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

wrote:

SH2-187 in Cassiopeia
Penryn, California
FS-128 @ f8
ST-2000XM
15 minute subs.
Image down-sampled 0.5x

Sh2-187 is a complex area of gas, molecular clouds and dust.
Multifrequeny studies indicate the HII region is fragmented and still
partially encased in the parental cloud out of which it was born some
200,000 years ago. Only 3 percent of the HII region is optically
visible and is ionized by a BO class star with a magnitude of 0.5. The
molecular cloud covers approximately 1 degree. Numerous IR point
sources are embedded within the complex, one source is most likely an
H2O maser and the remainder are either proto stars or stars. (Joncas,
et.al. 1992)

A voice from the past. You were an active poster here when I was still
between astro photo setups moving from film to CCD. Wecome back. I
learned a lot from your posts.

This one is too big for my present setup. I'll add it to the list for
the center region until I get something with more than a quarter degree
fov. Many Sharpless object just don't fit. What was the total exposure time?

I found a link to your full size image, nice.

Rick