Michelin logo on Shuttle tires

Old July 7th 06, 04:28 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
VASSILIS PREVELAKIS

Default Michelin logo on Shuttle tires

Some time ago there was a question as to whether the Shuttle tires
carry the manufacturer's name.

http://www-pao.ksc.nasa.gov/kscpao/i...e/05pd2361.jpg

clearly shows Michelin written on the side.

**vp

Old July 7th 06, 11:38 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
MetroHenrik

"VASSILIS PREVELAKIS" skrev i en meddelelse
Some time ago there was a question as to whether the Shuttle tires
carry the manufacturer's name.

http://www-pao.ksc.nasa.gov/kscpao/i...e/05pd2361.jpg

clearly shows Michelin written on the side.

**vp

Those tires, are they full rubber, og air pressured?

Henrik
Denmark

Old July 7th 06, 12:10 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Martin Evans

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 03:28:48 +0000 (UTC),
(VASSILIS PREVELAKIS) wrote:

Some time ago there was a question as to whether the Shuttle tires
carry the manufacturer's name.

http://www-pao.ksc.nasa.gov/kscpao/i...e/05pd2361.jpg

clearly shows Michelin written on the side.

.....and bits of metal dangling from his waistband and god knows what
in his pockets. OK so he's only at ground level and on earth objects
rarely fall upwards but every time I see any USA production or repair
facility the dress code seems to be slapdash (i.e jeans and t shirt)
and just perfect for loosing foreign objects into the depths of the
airframe. In comparison facilities overseas and particularly in Europe
appear *much* more strict.

Old July 7th 06, 02:13 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Greg D. Moore \(Strider\)

"MetroHenrik" wrote in message
. ..

"VASSILIS PREVELAKIS" skrev i en meddelelse
Some time ago there was a question as to whether the Shuttle tires
carry the manufacturer's name.

http://www-pao.ksc.nasa.gov/kscpao/i...e/05pd2361.jpg

clearly shows Michelin written on the side.

**vp

Those tires, are they full rubber, og air pressured?

Nitrogen pressurized.

Henrik
Denmark

Old July 7th 06, 06:41 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Vandar

http://images.spaceref.com/news/2005/photo_09-05_05.jpg
Old July 8th 06, 02:53 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Kim Keller

"Martin Evans" wrote in message
....and bits of metal dangling from his waistband and god knows what
in his pockets. OK so he's only at ground level and on earth objects
rarely fall upwards but every time I see any USA production or repair
facility the dress code seems to be slapdash (i.e jeans and t shirt)
and just perfect for loosing foreign objects into the depths of the
airframe. In comparison facilities overseas and particularly in Europe
appear *much* more strict.

Jeans and Tee's are the preferred dress for people who work in the orbiter.
There's a lot of climbing and squeezing into tight spaces, all prime
opportunities to slice your nice Dockers open on safety wire. But before
going into the orbiter one must empty their pockets, remove or wrap their
watch with tape, and remove or tape any jewelry. Glasses must be tethered,
as are tools. A strict record of materials and tools taken into the orbiter
is kept. The record is checked upon exit to be sure nothing was left inside.

NASA knows that FOD kills and has taken appropriate measures to deal with
it. A dress code is not necessary.

Old July 8th 06, 03:45 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
AldoNova

"Kim Keller" wrote in message

[...]

Perhaps that explains the bar code labels on the tools and fixtures the tech
is using. Is that the method used to track tool locations / inventory?

BTW, Kim, are you the one who used to have the awesome web site depicting
various work on shuttle processing? If so I never had the chance to say what
an incredible site that was. What a shame it was shut down. If that was you
I certainly appreciate the work you put into it!

Brian

Old July 9th 06, 11:24 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Kim Keller

"AldoNova" wrote in message
Perhaps that explains the bar code labels on the tools and fixtures the
tech is using. Is that the method used to track tool locations /
inventory?

Yes.

BTW, Kim, are you the one who used to have the awesome web site depicting
various work on shuttle processing? If so I never had the chance to say
what an incredible site that was. What a shame it was shut down. If that
was you I certainly appreciate the work you put into it!

Glad you liked it. Unfortunately, my employer (at that time) did not!

Old July 10th 06, 01:27 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Bob Haller

it!

Glad you liked it. Unfortunately, my employer (at that time) did not!

yeah kim lost his job because of that site

Old July 13th 06, 01:27 AM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Burnham Treezdown[_1_]

On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 22:24:42 GMT, "Kim Keller"
wrote:

BTW, Kim, are you the one who used to have the awesome web site depicting
various work on shuttle processing? If so I never had the chance to say
what an incredible site that was. What a shame it was shut down. If that
was you I certainly appreciate the work you put into it!

Glad you liked it. Unfortunately, my employer (at that time) did not!

That's really too bad. I thought they approved it at first? Or at least
tolerated it?