The Falcon 9 static fire is scheduled for 1 p.m. EST today

Old March 9th 10, 04:00 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley

Default The Falcon 9 static fire is scheduled for 1 p.m. EST today

The Falcon 9 static fire is scheduled for 1 p.m. EST today
http://www.spaceflightnow.com/falcon9/001/status.html

Jeff
--
"Take heart amid the deepening gloom
that your dog is finally getting enough cheese" - Deteriorata - National

Old March 9th 10, 07:23 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Rick Jones[_3_]

Jeff Findley wrote:
The Falcon 9 static fire is scheduled for 1 p.m. EST today
http://www.spaceflightnow.com/falcon9/001/status.html

Looks like it is claiing 13:30 EST now.

rick jones
Old March 9th 10, 07:36 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley

"Rick Jones" wrote in message
Jeff Findley wrote:
The Falcon 9 static fire is scheduled for 1 p.m. EST today
http://www.spaceflightnow.com/falcon9/001/status.html

Looks like it is claiing 13:30 EST now.

From SpaceflightNow on twitter: Falcon 9 test time of 1:30pm came and went.
But test hasn't happened. Awaiting new ignition time.

Still waiting...

Jeff

Old March 9th 10, 08:05 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Rick Jones[_3_]

Jeff Findley wrote:
"Rick Jones" wrote in message
Jeff Findley wrote:
The Falcon 9 static fire is scheduled for 1 p.m. EST today
http://www.spaceflightnow.com/falcon9/001/status.html

Looks like it is claiing 13:30 EST now.

From SpaceflightNow on twitter: Falcon 9 test time of 1:30pm came
and went. But test hasn't happened. Awaiting new ignition time.

Still waiting...

And my browser keeps locking-up !-( If it does ignite I'll have to
watch the reply on youtube I guess.

rick jones
Old March 9th 10, 10:02 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

On 3/9/2010 10:36 AM, Jeff Findley wrote:
"Rick wrote in message
Jeff wrote:
The Falcon 9 static fire is scheduled for 1 p.m. EST today
http://www.spaceflightnow.com/falcon9/001/status.html

Looks like it is claiing 13:30 EST now.

From SpaceflightNow on twitter: Falcon 9 test time of 1:30pm came and went.
But test hasn't happened. Awaiting new ignition time.

Still waiting...

They had a aborted ignition, but may try again later this afternoon.

Pat
Old March 9th 10, 10:28 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

On 3/9/2010 11:05 AM, Rick Jones wrote:

And my browser keeps locking-up !-( If it does ignite I'll have to
watch the reply on youtube I guess.

The engines shut down just as they were igniting; no further test today.

Pat
Old March 9th 10, 11:07 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Rick Jones[_3_]

Damon Hill wrote:
Not finding anything, even playable video; appears the ignition was
aborted and the test scrubbed for the day. We'll have to wait for
the details, and probably not from SpaceX.

Nuts.

Any bets on how long it will take before this static fire is called a
successful test of the abort subsystems?-)

rick jones
Old March 9th 10, 11:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

On 3/9/2010 1:28 PM, Pat Flannery wrote:
On 3/9/2010 11:05 AM, Rick Jones wrote:

And my browser keeps locking-up !-( If it does ignite I'll have to
watch the reply on youtube I guess.

The engines shut down just as they were igniting; no further test today.

Now there is disscussion of a loud "bang" noise on ignition, black
smoke, and a fire.
Maybe one of the engines didn't ignite properly?

Pat

Old March 9th 10, 11:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jochem Huhmann

Rick Jones writes:

Any bets on how long it will take before this static fire is called a
successful test of the abort subsystems?-)

Well, the thing did not explode... it could have been 9 Merlin engines
finely strewn all over the landscape after all.

Jochem

--
"A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away."