Reused Dragons to start flying this year

Old November 4th 17, 04:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Reused Dragons to start flying this year

SpaceX to restore damaged Cape Canaveral launch pad to service in
December
November 1, 2017 Stephen Clark
https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/11/0...-damaged-cape-
canaveral-launch-pad-to-service-in-december/

From above:
NASA said the Dragon spaceship assigned to the December launch
is the same capsule that flew to the station in April 2015 and
returned to Earth a month later. SpaceX launched a reused
Dragon cargo craft to the space station for the first time in
June, and the last newly-manufactured first-generation Dragon
was launched in August.

All future SpaceX resupply flights will use refurbished Dragon
capsules until upgraded ships are ready to take over.

So, the last of first generation Dragons was manufactured this year and
the first reused Dragon is expected to fly this December.

Jeff
Old November 5th 17, 06:35 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

SpaceX to restore damaged Cape Canaveral launch pad to service in
December
November 1, 2017 Stephen Clark
https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/11/0...-damaged-cape-
canaveral-launch-pad-to-service-in-december/

From above:
NASA said the Dragon spaceship assigned to the December launch
is the same capsule that flew to the station in April 2015 and
returned to Earth a month later. SpaceX launched a reused
Dragon cargo craft to the space station for the first time in
June, and the last newly-manufactured first-generation Dragon
was launched in August.

All future SpaceX resupply flights will use refurbished Dragon
capsules until upgraded ships are ready to take over.

So, the last of first generation Dragons was manufactured this year and
the first reused Dragon is expected to fly this December.

Pretty interesting. Also I believe it appears they added another Falcon 9
flight on the schedule for this year (I'm pretty sure it was 19 and now I'm
seeing 20).

I'm still a bit skeptical they'll get Heavy off in December, but, they're SO
close that a minor slip won't mean much.

Jeff

IT Disaster Response -
https://www.amazon.com/Disaster-Resp...dp/1484221834/

Old November 8th 17, 02:13 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

On 11/5/2017 1:35 AM, Greg (Strider) Moore wrote:

Pretty interesting. Also I believe it appears they added another Falcon
9 flight on the schedule for this year (I'm pretty sure it was 19 and
now I'm seeing 20).

I believe they did. It's the one they are about to launch later this
month. The mysterious one called ZUMA.

I'm still a bit skeptical they'll get Heavy off in December, but,
they're SO close that a minor slip won't mean much.

I agree. But they have to do some mods to 39C to get it ready for F9H. I
presume minor.

Dave

Old November 8th 17, 04:11 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

"David Spain" wrote in message news

On 11/5/2017 1:35 AM, Greg (Strider) Moore wrote:

Pretty interesting. Also I believe it appears they added another Falcon 9
flight on the schedule for this year (I'm pretty sure it was 19 and now
I'm seeing 20).

I believe they did. It's the one they are about to launch later this month.
The mysterious one called ZUMA.

I'm still a bit skeptical they'll get Heavy off in December, but, they're
SO close that a minor slip won't mean much.

I agree. But they have to do some mods to 39C to get it ready for F9H. I
presume minor.

I believe you mean 39A. (yes a 39C now exists, but not for this).

I believe the changes are done.

So there's a chance it'll get off in December as scheduled, but if not,
January is looking REAL good.

Now if it gets to ORBIT, that's another story. Let's just say I'd be
standing FAR away when this thing lights up.

Dave

Old November 5th 17, 08:46 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Anthony Frost

In message
Jeff Findley wrote:

SpaceX launched a reused
Dragon cargo craft to the space station for the first time in
June, and the last newly-manufactured first-generation Dragon
was launched in August.

All future SpaceX resupply flights will use refurbished Dragon
capsules until upgraded ships are ready to take over.

So, the last of first generation Dragons was manufactured this year and
the first reused Dragon is expected to fly this December.

You misread, the first reused Dragon already flew in June. All the
remaining Dragon 1 flights will be re-used capsules, and at least one
will have to make a third flight.

The December flight will also be re-using a first stage.

Anthony