Attn: Uncle Al - Fresh Meat

Old July 16th 03, 12:54 AM
Maxie P. Diddy

Default Attn: Uncle Al - Fresh Meat

"Brettg" wrote in message

Just have a look at what our esteemed educational institutions are putting

out in
the name of "science" these days.

I can't say the quality of such work is surprising though.

From the article (url below)

* Dr Rollan McCleary reportedly found clues to
Jesus' sexuality in his astrological chart (Uranus
dominated), and was given Australian Postgraduate
Award funding of $51,000 for his trouble.

* Laini Burton, whose thesis was about the desirability,
and otherwise, of the blonde through history. For
enriching the world's understanding of this crucial
topic she was awarded a grant of $17,000 a year
for three years.

* Dr Nikki Sullivan, who did her PhD on tattoos: "Writings
in flesh: subjectivity, textuality, ethics and pleasure."

* Adele Morey used her PhD in Cultural Studies to
research the Hollywood divorce of Nicole Kidman
and Tom Cruise. For research, Morey read The
Australian Women's Weekly, Woman's Day, New
Idea, NW and Who Weekly, among other publications.

* Angelo Iannella's PhD was the "neo-spiritualism" of
Wonder Woman and Xena, Warrior Princess.

* Anthropology student Alex Leonard studied the surf
culture of Bali. It's a tough job, but someone has to
do it.

* Paul Scott produced a PhD on surfing magazines.

* Jackie Cook's PhD is on Australian talk radio with
a "special focus on Stan Zemanek and the late-night
sex counselling of Dr Feelgood".

Read the article for the full list.

I don't know whether to barf or cry;
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...979649818.html

heh.

---

Old July 16th 03, 02:14 AM
Marvin Margoshes

Default Uncle Al - Fresh Meat

"Maxie P. Diddy" wrote in message

"Brettg" wrote in message

Just have a look at what our esteemed educational institutions are

putting
out in
the name of "science" these days.

I can't say the quality of such work is surprising though.

From the article (url below)

[...]

Reminds me of the cheap shots that a mid-western senator once made a career
of, quoting titles of grants to scientists. Words out of context.

Old July 16th 03, 03:25 PM
Mark Tarka

"Brettg" wrote in message
Just have a look at what our esteemed educational institutions are

putting
out in
the name of "science" these days.

[snip...]
I don't know whether to barf or cry;
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...979649818.html

Barfing helps in maintaining your ideal body
weight, thus is the more healthy action to take.
Crying merely depletes the body of much needed
water and salt (probably the underlying cause of
most female disorders...now _there's_ a grant
proposal if I ever saw one :-)

heh.

Reminds me of the cheap shots that a mid-western senator once made a career
of, quoting titles of grants to scientists. Words out of context.

Have you seen the article referenced below:

High Energy Physics - Phenomenology, abstract
hep-ph/9501384
From: Ulf Meissner
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 95 13:54:43 +0100 (207kb)

Chiral Dynamics in Nucleons and Nuclei
Authors: V. Bernard, N. Kaiser, Ulf-G. Meißner
Comments: 154 pp, plain TeX, uses epsf macros, figures appended in
figrev.uu (as compressed uuencoded tar files), complete PS file
available from
Report-no: CRN 95-3 and TK 95 1
Journal-ref: Int.J.Mod.Phys. E4 (1995) 193-346

We review the implications of the spontaneous chiral symmetry breaking
in QCD for processes involving one, two or more nucleons.
Full-text: PostScript, PDF, or Other formats
References and citations for this submission:
SLAC-SPIRES HEP (refers to , cited by, arXiv reformatted);
CiteBase (autonomous citation navigation and analysis)

Links to: arXiv, hep-ph, /find, /abs (-/+), /9501, ?

Who knows what it contains...I can barely make
sense of the title.

Mark (If you mix Lipton's and Nestle's 50:50 v/v, would
you have a parity?)