ASTRO: Lunar mosaic (1800x1811, RAW)

Old March 28th 07, 03:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
TheCroW

Default ASTRO: Lunar mosaic (1800x1811, RAW)

Another Lunar mosaic, this time taken in RAW format.
And yes, again I missed a small part ;-)

And something funny: in the left middle part there is a small hard, vertical
line. I though it to be a hair or something so I was busy with removing it.
But while doing that I thought that it was a very clear line? So used the
Virtual Moon Atlas and turned out that it is a fault line called Rupes
Recta, 114 km long, 300 m high and with this moonphase it's especially
visible :-)

Exposure 25/100, F2.9, ISO 64. Mosaic is build out of 12 photographs.
Bynostar 130-900 Newton, 40 mm eyepiece, FujiFilm S5500 camera, camera
mount.

--
Menno
=====================

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mozaiek2.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	424.7 KB
ID:	567
Old March 29th 07, 01:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George Normandin[_1_]

"TheCroW" wrote
Another Lunar mosaic, this time taken in RAW format.

Menno,

There's an impressive amount of work that went into this image. I keep
considering trying it, but it looks like too much work.

And yes, again I missed a small part ;-)

I have a "deep-sky-only" friend who keeps threatening to break up the
moon. I thought that your picture might show that he's started!

George N

Old March 29th 07, 07:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
George[_1_]

"TheCroW" wrote in message
Another Lunar mosaic, this time taken in RAW format.
And yes, again I missed a small part ;-)

And something funny: in the left middle part there is a small hard,
vertical line. I though it to be a hair or something so I was busy with
removing it. But while doing that I thought that it was a very clear
line? So used the Virtual Moon Atlas and turned out that it is a fault
line called Rupes Recta, 114 km long, 300 m high and with this moonphase
it's especially visible :-)

Exposure 25/100, F2.9, ISO 64. Mosaic is build out of 12 photographs.
Bynostar 130-900 Newton, 40 mm eyepiece, FujiFilm S5500 camera, camera
mount.

--
Menno

Nice. Good work.

George

Old March 29th 07, 05:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
TheCroW

"TheCroW" wrote
Another Lunar mosaic, this time taken in RAW format.

Menno,

There's an impressive amount of work that went into this image. I keep
considering trying it, but it looks like too much work.

Actually it is not that much work if you have the right programs ;-) Just
take the shots you want, covering the whole moon and not (like me)
forgetting a small part ;-)
Then in Photoshop open the RAW image with the most detail in it and make it
look the way you want. When finished it opens in Photoshop again but then
the regular Photoshop window. Make a new Action and start recording. Do
whatever you want with the image, including resizing and saving it and stop
recording.
Now every RAW you open, choose Previous Conversion so it has exactly the
same looks as the first one. Then in normal Photoshop, Play the recorded
Action. So for all the images now it's just a few mouse clicks.
When finished, use the program AutoStich to blend all the saved images into
one big image. Color differences are automaticly matched by the program.
All in all less then half a hour work :-)

And yes, again I missed a small part ;-)

I have a "deep-sky-only" friend who keeps threatening to break up the
moon. I thought that your picture might show that he's started!

George N

LOLOL ... well, next time I will disappoint your friend then cause it will
be a whole moon then ;-)

Menno