GM8 powered by "wall wort"?

Old August 24th 15, 04:20 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Sam Seagate

Default GM8 powered by "wall wort"?

Just inherited a GM8, but only had a cord for plugging into the car
battery. The manual does say 12V @ 700 mA current. Would a simple
"wall wort" be ok to use with it. I was thinking of the 1200 mA
selectable voltage supplies I see at local department stores. Thanks.
Old August 24th 15, 04:24 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Martin Brown

On 24/08/2015 16:20, Sam Seagate wrote:

Just inherited a GM8, but only had a cord for plugging into the car
battery. The manual does say 12V @ 700 mA current. Would a simple
"wall wort" be ok to use with it. I was thinking of the 1200 mA
selectable voltage supplies I see at local department stores. Thanks.

Should be if it only needs 700mA just be sure to get the polarity the
right way round if it is one of those fits any connector types.

Otherwise CPC/Farnell/Digikey/Radiospares/Rapid do cheap good PSUs.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown