Tonight is the big DEBATE..

Old August 12th 15, 03:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Vath

Default Tonight is the big DEBATE..

On Wed, 12 Aug 2015 07:35:53 +0000 (UTC), Mike Collins
wrote this crap:

I'm da man? I didn't know that. I'm just a humble retired military
officer and engineer. I go to the VFW during the day and play piano
and banjo at night. I don't even know any illegal immigrants or
criminals. They don't hang around the VFW or my yacht club or my
country club.

Not even serving the drinks?

You need a green card to work there.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old August 19th 15, 04:14 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 7:28:05 PM UTC-4, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at 2:44:31 PM UTC-5, wsne... wrote:

Two facts:

1) Illegal immigrants are here illegally.
2) Some of them commit murders and other serious crimes.

Do you disagree with either of those?

1) They would not be here if someone didn't hire them - illegally.

Some of them seem to be in business for themselves, others might be here for other free stuff.

2) GOP congress critters made it illegal for our foreign aid to be used for purchasing contraception or advising women in developing countries about family planning.

Well, good for them! Family planning for people in foreign countries is none of the US govt's business.

As a result, lots of kids born who have no future.

That isn't a judgement you get to make.

In only 35 years the world's population will soar to 11 billion people,
which is more people than the world can feed unless everyone
becomes a strict vegetarian.

It's more like nine billion by 2050. Might we presume that you have already become a strict vegetarian?

Europe is now experiencing millions of people knocking on their door,...

Which is a big problem for the major European countries since their native population densities are already among the highest (by far) in the world.

Trouble is brewing world-wide because we refuse to face facts about population growth.

Population density of Illinois = 232/sq. mile
Population density of Africa = 72/sq. mile
Population density of S. America = 58/sq. mile

So, you want Africans and Latin Americans to have fewer kids so that YOU can eat better?

Oh, btw, people over 60 are the fastest growing segment worldwide:

http://seniorliving.about.com/od/lif.../seniorpop.htm

There will be two billion of them by 2050, three billion by 2100, based on current projections.
Old August 22nd 15, 05:35 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 10:14:58 PM UTC-5, wrote: Total idiotic crap, but then that's quite normal for him.

So now Trump wants to deport all illegals back to Mexico, prolly on the day he is sworn in as Pres of the US (he dreams). let's see how that would work out for the Donald:

Operating at full capacity under its current budget, ICE deports around 400,000 people annually -- roughly 1/30th of the overall 12 million or so people living here illegally. ICE estimates that deporting all of them would cost in the vicinity of $150 billion, which, for context, is about three times the entire annual budget of the whole Department of Homeland Security, of which ICE is only one division. Know who controls budgets? The House of Representatives does. So if anyone is to blame for the current lack of enforcement, it would be the Republican-controlled House. Note that they have not even attempted to increase ICE budgets to the requisite level. Gosh, who would have thought that an underfunded government is an ineffective government? Besides, you know, every rational person.

The chronic backlog of deportation cases in our immigration courts is also relevant. At the current rate of deportations through our 60 or so national immigration courts, the current wait time for a potential deportee to have their deportation confirmed by a judge is around 600 days, and that's just deporting 400k people a year. Thus, a massive expansion of our immigration court system would be required to enforce our laws across all 12 million people living here illegally, unless we want it to take decades. Do I need to remind you of which political party is responsible for the blocking of appointments of countless federal judges at record-setting levels? Gotta love them spouting off about "just enforcing the law" while they remove the ability of our judicial system to do just that.

Thus, it seems to me that regardless of ideology, Donald and the Republicans are clearly the last people we should be trusting to make sure that immigration laws are enforced.
Old August 22nd 15, 05:37 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Friday, August 21, 2015 at 11:35:45 PM UTC-5, Uncarollo2 wrote:
[...]

The Republicans do not want to deport the cheap immigrant laborers, and they would obviously not pay the bill to do it

What they want is to marginalize them through fear from reporting abuse to legal authorities and the police

They want to use them to divert the anger of the working class citizens away from the wealthy business owners on to a powerless group of people, all the while working to drive down wages and benefits for both groups

Trump and the rest of the right wing, who shudder at the idea of increasing the minimum wage to a livable amount, are turning working class Americans and immigrant laborers against each other as a distraction from their own outrageous income

This is nothing new, it is very much like the Hearst-newspaper fueled Mexican Repatriation of the 1930's during which 1.2 million people of American birth were forcibly removed from this country
Old August 22nd 15, 06:06 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Uncarollo2

On Friday, August 21, 2015 at 11:37:48 PM UTC-5, Uncarollo2 wrote:
[...]

They've used this issue to further their agenda and rile up their base on a full-fledged attack on Mexicans.

Republicans have spent the past 30 years demonizing and destroying unions, where an individual is empowered to lobby themselves for better pay and a better life. Instead, they blame Mexicans. Republicans mock and openly shame the idea of a living wage and minimum wage and then blame Mexicans.

Every single law, policy, or right that was spawned from the FDR New Deal era that helps the poor and middle-class live decent lives and achieve upward mobility, Republicans have destroyed or replaced with pro-Corporate tyranny. And then they blame Mexicans.

The problem isn't Mexicans or Guatemalans or Ecuadorians, the problem is the un-middle class trickle-down policies that have destroyed our We The People economy and turned it over to the one-percent.
Old August 27th 15, 09:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 12:35:45 AM UTC-4, Uncarollo2 wrote:
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 10:14:58 PM UTC-5, wrote: Total idiotic crap, but then that's quite normal for him.

So now Trump wants to deport all illegals back to Mexico, prolly on the day he is sworn in as Pres of the US (he dreams).

Mexico's immigration policy:

http://redicecreations.com/article.php?id=31308
Old August 27th 15, 09:28 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Old August 27th 15, 10:04 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Saturday, August 22, 2015 at 1:06:36 PM UTC-4, Uncarollo2 wrote:

They've used this issue to further their agenda and rile up their base on a full-fledged attack on Mexicans.

Mexico's immigration policy:

http://redicecreations.com/article.php?id=31308

About debate advicegiven[_3_] Astronomy Misc 1 July 7th 09 03:30 PM
The Debate Double-A Misc 1 October 14th 04 04:06 AM
Debate on GR Jack Sarfatti Astronomy Misc 0 January 9th 04 02:53 AM
the antiquity of the ETI debate James Oberg History 1 August 12th 03 02:09 AM