Check it out

Old August 10th 06, 10:33 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,alt.politics
Joe S.[_2_]

Default Check it out

Go to this URL:
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/satellite.shtml

Look at the section that says "Atlantic". Under the Atlantic heading you
will see several links -- each link takes you to the current image of a
satellite. If you click on the "Visible" you'll see the latest weather
satellite images over the Atlantic -- click on the IR link and you'll see IR
satellite images.

I clock in at work at 0400 Eastern; I get up at 0230 and browse the 'net for
a few minutes and I always check the visible view -- at that time of day,
the sun is just beginning to rise over the mid- and western Atlantic and the
satellite view shows sunrise creeping across the Atlantic -- the sunrise has
not reached the USofA but has reached the central Atlantic -- sunlight is
tinting the tops of the clouds and the ocean and by checking back every fiew
minutes you can wathc the sunrise creep across the ocean. Check it out.