Request for Assistance at RTMC

Old May 17th 06, 08:03 PM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging

Default Request for Assistance at RTMC

Greetings!

I am presenting this year at the Riverside Telescope Makers Conference.
The presentation is about a new kind of equatorial platform that I have
invented. The purpose of the invention is to completely eliminate all
sources of periodic error. I believe that, when fully developed, this
platform will provide superior results for serious astrophotography.

I plan to have a prototype of this invention with me at the conference,
and I would greatly appreciate it if anyone else who will be there
might be willing to provide some assistance in testing the
characteristics of the prototype.

Particularly, if you will have a modest sized telescope (~12" max) with
associated CCD imaging capability there with you, and could help me do
some "star trail" test images and / or other methods you may already be
familiar with for measuring mount quality, I would be very grateful for
your assistance.

If this is of interest to you, please contact me off-list at:
creator-at-subarcsec.com

You can also read more about the new platform design at:
http://subarcsec.com

Thanks!
-Dann
Dann McCreary http://flyinghouse.com creator-at-flyinghouse.com
SubArcSecond Tracking Accuracy! -- Visit http://subarcsec.com
"The heavens are telling of the glory of God; and their expanse
is declaring the work of His hands" - Genesis 12:1-3 (NASB)