out-gassing of garment soils in deep space?

Old May 27th 05, 03:05 PM
Gregory L. Hansen

In article .com,
wrote:
And the crew, for the near future at least, will be
taking the peeping toms along via downlink!

I think the people who decide whether a Mars flight gets funded, will
tell you that the downlink of the show, is 99% of what made it
sell-able.....

Is there any real reason why the Mars flight couldn't be funded by TV
networks and product endorsements? These two forces do a rather good
job of carrying on the charade that Professional and College Sports,
and the Olympics, are about athletics....

I've wanted to try to get corporate sponsorships into the lab. I imagine
painting the whole cryostat like a can of Budweiser and calling it the
Anheuser-Busch Neutron Radiometer.

--
"'No user-serviceable parts inside.' I'll be the judge of that!"
Old May 27th 05, 03:07 PM
Gregory L. Hansen

In article . com,
wrote:
Nog wrote:
Modesty is learned and unnecessary.

very interesting hypothesis.

can you support it with any experimental evidence?

Or is it an axiom.... in YOUR mind?

You don't read National Geographic?

--
"Tell me, Dr. Einstein, at what time does Boston arrive at this train?"
Old May 27th 05, 06:09 PM
Rick Jones

In sci.space.tech Frank van der Hulst wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote:
In principle, yes. In practice, unlearning such attitudes is not
easy; people are not happy about it and won't do it without urgent
need. And given that you need pockets anyway...

Velcro hooks on the objects... hairy limbs to attach to. Problem
solved.

The follicularly (sp) challenged should not be excluded so from the
opportunity to travel in space.

rick jones
Old May 29th 05, 04:00 PM
The Ghost In The Machine

In sci.physics, Rick Jones

wrote
on Fri, 27 May 2005 17:09:14 GMT
:
Henry Spencer wrote:
In principle, yes. In practice, unlearning such attitudes is not
easy; people are not happy about it and won't do it without urgent
need. And given that you need pockets anyway...

Velcro hooks on the objects... hairy limbs to attach to. Problem
solved.

The follicularly (sp) challenged should not be excluded so from the
opportunity to travel in space.

rick jones

Wouldn't the hair foul the hooks after awhile?

#191,
It's still legal to go .sigless.