Crew death info including challenger

Old February 19th 04, 12:53 AM
Hallerb

Default Crew death info including challenger

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/space/2407302

The seven astronauts aboard each of the spacecrafts survived the crew
compartment separations and perished from subsequent injuries."

Old February 19th 04, 02:46 PM
jeff findley

(Hallerb) writes:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/space/2407302

The seven astronauts aboard each of the spacecrafts survived the crew
compartment separations and perished from subsequent injuries."

Why are you pulling this up now? It's old, very old, news.

Jeff
--
Remove "no" and "spam" from email address to reply.
If it says "This is not spam!", it's surely a lie.
Old February 19th 04, 03:07 PM
Jorge R. Frank

jeff findley wrote in
:

(Hallerb) writes:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/space/2407302

The seven astronauts aboard each of the spacecrafts survived the crew
compartment separations and perished from subsequent injuries."

Why are you pulling this up now? It's old, very old, news.

He wants to wallow in it some more.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.
Old February 19th 04, 09:02 PM
Hallerb

Why are you pulling this up now? It's old, very old, news.

He wants to wallow in it some more.

no its about the article and besides has nasa EVER previously publically
admitted that? beyond which the article talks of more flexible flights suits
for easier bail out and more durable ones with beacons fotr better
survivability and easier recovery
Old February 20th 04, 05:32 AM
Stuf4

From Bob Haller:
snip
no its about the article and besides has nasa EVER previously publically
admitted that? beyond which the article talks of more flexible flights suits
for easier bail out and more durable ones with beacons fotr better
survivability and easier recovery

Thanks for posting that article, Bob. I got a lot out of it.

I would like to see a diligent investigative reporter get the story of
how the shuttle got designed and built *without* a way out for the
whole crew. NASA is brutally aware that this would have been very
easy to do back in the 70s.

By "get the story", I mean finding the people who were responsible for
making this tragic design decision and holding them accountable.

~ CT
Old February 20th 04, 10:21 AM
Hallerb

I would like to see a diligent investigative reporter get the story of
how the shuttle got designed and built *without* a way out for the
whole crew. NASA is brutally

It was pure cost cutting at its worst. the reason the crew compartment survived
the initial destruction n both cases was it did what it was designed to.

initial specs called for the crew compartment to be a crew escape pod. It was
cut dfor budget and weight reasons.

If they hadnt been so cheap those 2 crews would of probably been alive today.

I think the move to solid boosters was the root of much of this. Liquids may
have been able to increase the payload capacity so the added crew comparment
weight wouldnt of been a issue.

Old February 20th 04, 05:31 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Hallerb" wrote in message
If they hadnt been so cheap

Who is "they"?

No, wait, you still haven't been able to answer a simple yes/no question
about whether or not you did any research on shuttle failure modes.

MacDougall space & Astral Form part 1 Majestyk Astronomy Misc 0 April 12th 04 05:03 PM
Space Shuttle ypauls Misc 3 March 15th 04 01:12 AM
Space Shuttle Challenger Crew Memorialized on Mars Ron History 1 January 29th 04 08:57 PM
NASA and "Oil" Culture burned Cops + Astronauts to death inventor84 Space Shuttle 0 August 2nd 03 11:41 PM
Columbia Investigators Fire Foam Insulation at Shuttle Wing, Blowing Open 2-Foot Hole; The crowd of about 100 gasped and cried, "Wow!" when the foam hit. Jay Space Shuttle 32 July 12th 03 02:41 AM