First Moonwalk? A Russian Perspective

Old February 17th 04, 07:05 PM
Ami Silberman

There was no sense in blowing the whistle. For that matter,
the Soviets had several space program disasters, all which were
monitored by the NSA.

The largest Soviet disasters weren't even known by most Soviets, much

less
the U.S. auntil the fall of the Soviet Union, dork.

Seismographs in europe, as well as our own in the USA used to pick up
Soviet rockets exploding on the launch pads. The info may have not
been published but it was known, at least to some of those outside of
the fUSSR at the time.

And any corroborating information (as to just what had exploded, as opposed
to just that something had) relied on means (spy sats, HUMINT) which would
be compromised by revealing that information. Also, there is a big
difference between the Soviets being able to show that an allegedly
successful US moon mission was faked than the US being able to say that some
Soviet launch vehicle, somewhere, blew up.

Not to mention that if you are thinking about the N-1s, they all blew up in
flight.

Old February 17th 04, 08:25 PM
Pat Flannery

Ami Silberman wrote:

And any corroborating information (as to just what had exploded, as opposed
to just that something had) relied on means (spy sats, HUMINT) which would
be compromised by revealing that information. Also, there is a big
difference between the Soviets being able to show that an allegedly
successful US moon mission was faked than the US being able to say that some
Soviet launch vehicle, somewhere, blew up.

Not to mention that if you are thinking about the N-1s, they all blew up in
flight.

Which makes the version of the story that we got about the one that
wiped out the pad -that it blew up during a fueling test when cracks
developed in the third stage- interesting...because the first one they
set up on the pad developed structural cracks and had to be returned to
the assembly building for repairs; so we apparently got a mixture of
this story and the falling back on the pad story.

Pat

Old February 17th 04, 08:44 PM
Hallerb

boy is this diascussion a sad waste of time
Old February 17th 04, 09:44 PM
Andrew Gray

In article , Ami Silberman wrote:

Seismographs in europe, as well as our own in the USA used to pick up
Soviet rockets exploding on the launch pads. The info may have not
been published but it was known, at least to some of those outside of
the fUSSR at the time.

And any corroborating information (as to just what had exploded, as opposed
to just that something had) relied on means (spy sats, HUMINT) which would
be compromised by revealing that information.

Hmm. AIUI, the pictures that float around of the totalled pads at
Baikonur were U-2 sourced; by 1969 or so, weren't the capabilities and
the routine use of the U-2 well known?

That's not to say it'd be tactful, of course ;-)

--
-Andrew Gray

Old February 17th 04, 11:07 PM
Scott Hedrick

"Hallerb" wrote in message
boy is this diascussion a sad waste of time

And yet you felt the need to add to it.

Old February 17th 04, 11:37 PM
Jay Windley

"Stu Gotz" wrote in message

| I do NOT cross-post anywhere. The only thing that is full of
| **** is you if you believe the official story.

If the official story has evidence to back it up, while the conspiracy
theory does not, I see no reason to doubt the official story.

| I tried to enlighten you.

Total ignorance of MSFN operations is not enlightening. Total ignorance of
orbital mechanics is not englighting. Ignoring the published dates for the
TETR-A satellite, all the while claiming NASA admits its existence, is not
enlightening. You're simply parrotting the arguments of a known hack, which
you clearly neither understand nor have considered critically. You have
apparently nothing original to offer except obviously bogus claims that you
yourself were involved with Apollo communications.

--

The universe is not required to conform | Jay Windley
to the expectations of the ignorant. | webmaster @ clavius.org

Old February 18th 04, 01:18 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Stu Gotz" wrote in message
Ignorance can be fixed; stupidity is forever.

And your refusal to fix your ignorance is the reason you're going to be
serviced by the Maxsons in my killfile.

plonk

Old February 18th 04, 02:58 PM
Henry Spencer

Andrew Gray wrote:
Hmm. AIUI, the pictures that float around of the totalled pads at
Baikonur were U-2 sourced; by 1969 or so, weren't the capabilities and
the routine use of the U-2 well known?

By 1969 or so, U-2 overflights of the USSR had long since ceased. Overhead
imaging of Baikonur was from satellites.
--
MOST launched 30 June; science observations running | Henry Spencer
since Oct; first surprises seen; papers pending. |
Old February 18th 04, 07:40 PM
Andrew Gray

In article , Henry Spencer wrote:
In article ,
Andrew Gray wrote:
Hmm. AIUI, the pictures that float around of the totalled pads at
Baikonur were U-2 sourced; by 1969 or so, weren't the capabilities and
the routine use of the U-2 well known?

By 1969 or so, U-2 overflights of the USSR had long since ceased. Overhead
imaging of Baikonur was from satellites.

http://www.hrw.com/science/si-scienc...mg/381l4p4.jpg

was the image I was remembering; it looks like I conflated the image and
part of the background text. My bad as always :-)

(just thought I'd better mention where I was coming from...)

--
-Andrew Gray

Old February 19th 04, 08:05 AM
Don Ocean

George wrote:
"Don Ocean" wrote in message

George wrote:

"Don Ocean" wrote in message
. ..

Stu Gotz wrote:A whole lot of Bull****..

The deals were struck during the Nixon administration. All of the
Apollo laqndings also occured during the Nixon administration. The huge
non-repayable loans also occured during Nixon's term in office.

The Soviets were working cooperatively with the US on the space
ventures. There was no sense in blowing the whistle. For that matter,
the Soviets had several space program disasters, all which were
monitored by the NSA. We never plastered them across the front page of
the New York Times now, did we??

-- Stu

Stu- dood.... You were still sucking hind tit and filling your diaper
when we put Apollo up. The Russians had absolutely no input on Apollo.
Apollo was an American success story...Everyone sweated nails before
all the launches...Even the athiests on the project prayed for success.
We had S band tracking the entire trip. There was a quadrillion things
that could go wrong..Some minor things did go wrong...But not much in
the overall equation. We had a special program called "Pride". In this
program every finger laid on that project was documented so as to where
any mistakes could be directly traced. With over 34,000 technical
personal at Space division...And hundreds of thousands of workers in
every state in the union participating...

Even - you guessed it - Jews!

Ummmm? Stu is a Jew ...Or was invented...Cloned...whatever by the Jews?

;-p

Dork What I was saying was "of the hundreds of thousands of workers from
every state in the union participating..." There were even Jews working on
it. Of course, you don't like to hear about the fact Jews worked on one of
this countries greatest human triumphs, do you? :-o

Not in the launch area's... Werner was not much enamored of Jews. Seems
his kinsman/person was murdered by one. There were a number of
unquestionably American/Jews in the developement of warfare equipment.
The top brains were inevitably of Germanic descent. Not discrimination!
These Germans were really the best. J Edgar Hoover said that the worst
secrets leakers were either queer, Jewish or both.. I guess the
Rosenbergs partially proves that.

Plus a couple of hundred
million taxpayers looking on... And of course the 20 thousand some
of NASA overseers... How would you like to be the person that ****ed
up America's space program? There is no way that a hoax of that
magnitude could ever have been perpretrated! Every country and every
eye was on those launches. The Engineering channels were open to
thousands of personal of both NAA and NASA. Even the RadioAstronomers
were tracking that endeavor. Check out Goldstones website for its data.
It collected data from quite a number of other tracking stations all
over the globe. Also Check out the Canberra tracking station in

Australia.

Stu quite Jacking off and get a life!

That's an odd statement, or didn't you know that Stu was a vegetable?

Just

call him Carot top!

Everybody knows a carrot has to be pulled to do any good! ;-p

Right. I see your point. Stu, continue jacking off. Just point it
somewhere else!